main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

9bjames
3: Seeker

Posted here the other day only to find my original message has disappeared. >_>

Definitely submitted correctly since I've been getting notifications about other people's unsuccessful unlocks ever since!

Shenanigans aside, my issue was the "unlock unsuccessful" message, after putting in the NUC I'd been emailed. All steps followed to the letter, all details confirmed and correct.

I only found out today after a long conversation/ discussion with both the staff at the local Vodafone storefront, AND a phone repair shop across the way, that chances are it's actually an issue with the manufacturer's end. Not sure about iPhone, but Samsung and Sony Xperia phones are apparently notorious for this.

Basically if you do have all your details correct and the NUC still doesn't work, then you need to phone up the manufacturer who "apparently" can sort it out fairly quickly. I've yet to call up Sony for my phone so I'll let you know how it goes, but it might be worth trying if anyone else has the same issue. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

9bjames, I am in the same position as yourself with a Samsung S6. I was advised exactly the same, but after an hour chatting to Samsung they were adament that their devices are sold fully unlocked to Vodafone and it is Vodafone who have restricted the phone. They stated they don't even have the tools to assist and directed me back to Voda. So I called Voda back and had my case escalated within the NUS resolution team, as apparently if the first code provided does not work then they can generate another code that should... we shall see. Awaiting a call back at some point today...

View more options
jkoulentianos
2: Seeker

Trying to unlock phone to use on other network but no success. Received NUC but it doesnt work. Phone asks for SIM network PUK and this does not work either. Phone is Samsung Galaxy Edge S7. Can you help?

View more options
Jorgehugo68

I have been  given a code to unblock my old phone to be used with an EE SIM, however, it is not working - can you please advise. 

View more options
Franck

Hello,

I have used my samsung S7 for the last 2 years with my Vodafone contract and I have just changed for a new mobile still with Vodafone. 

I need a french mobile number and so I have a new sim card from a french operator that I would like to use in my old Samsung S7.  I have filled the online form to unlock the phone and received the unlock code corresponding to the IMEI of my phone but this does not work. I have the message "network unlock request unsuccessfull".

I have checked the IMEI was correct. It is appart from the fact that on the form I could not enter the "/74" after this number. Could that be the problem?

I have also tried several numbers now for the unlock number as I thought first it was due to unlocking the french sim but this one is unlocked, I have checked with the operator.

Any idea of what I could do next?

View more options
sai868

Hello, 

I have followed instructions to unlock phone on my Samsung Note 8 to take my new Three sim as well as my exisiting Vodafone sim but no luck. The icon "MM - Phone not allowed" still appears on the top left hand corner on the phone. 

Please can you help me unlock this phone? What other options do I have? Is there another method to unlock or do you need to send me a new unlock code?

Thank you. 

Instructions followed as per e-mail below:

What you need to do next
Your unlock code is 48502607. Just to confirm, this is for your device with the IMEI serial number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, it's official, Vodafone are useless!!!

Was assured I would receive a second code to try yesterday, received nothing. Called back today and now being advised I cannot unlock while abroad, even if I use another UK SIM from another provider.

I'm done with Vodafone. Been with you for around 8 years in total and it's great until you have a complication, as seems they make everything more difficult for some reason. Even renewing my contract was a mission and spent days, and arounf 6 hours on the phone trying to sort it earlier this month due to the rep not properly applying the agreed discount when upgrading. Other half is with O2 and had the same issue as me, she downloaded the O2 app and requested the NUC code... the app unlocked her phone automatically... yet Voda are advising it can't be done while abroad. Useless!!!

Thankfully I'm still within the 30 day period after the upgrade, so next week will get them to cancel the upgrade and will switch providers when I get back to the UK.

Bye bye Vodafone... enough is enough!!!

View more options
SHRAPPERS

I have an Xperia E5 F3311 which I need to unlock. Having filled in the requisite form Vodafone have emailed me with the necessary unlock code (a 16 digit numeric) and confirmed the IMEI number . 

I followed the instructions given in me in a webchat with Suhas :

1. Enter a Non Vodafone SIM card and restart the phone.
2. The phone will ask for a network unlock code.
3. Enter the code that you have received and the phone will be unlocked. 

I have done this twice but each time it says unsuccessful.

I am absolutely certain the IMEI is correct - I have found it on the device itself and on the original paperwork. I am also completely happy that the unlock code was entered correctly.

Please advise.

View more options
Jim53

I've got a new unlocked phone using my £5 a month plusnet contract happy days 😎 After two months of time wasting, I'm free! No more back and forth no more robots and excuses!

View more options
dave1480

So....

After three weeks of trying to unlock my Samsung S7 via this site I've given up. 

Was eventually given a new unlock code via the nucsolutions team, once again this didn't work.

Went to the local phone shop who unlocked the phone in one hour for £25. 

Needless to say when my Vodaphone conract expires in 2 months time i'm off to another provider.

Well done Vodaphone! truly awful customer care and frankly your loss as you've lost my business.

My advice to anyone reading this.....don't waste your time here.

View more options
Josh

@9bjames @Anonymous @jkoulentianos @Jorgehugo68 @Franckc @sai868 @SHRAPPERS @Jim53 @dave1480 @margeritta I'm really sorry to hear you've all had issues getting your devices unlocked with our NUC Resolutions Team. I've sent you all a private message with instructions to get in touch with us, please follow the steps and we'll gladly get things fixed and unlocked for you.

View more options
giscott
4: Newbie

Hello, I am having problems too, please can you help me as well?

thanks

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please stop sending me private messages telling me my issue is account specific. It is not account specific and I have already had this escalated within the NUS res team only to receive nothing at all in regards to what was promised. You are just trying to silence genuine criticism of Vodafone. You are useless and unable to resolve what should be a very straight forward thing. Either help or accept criticism. Simple as that!!!

View more options
SHRAPPERS

The NUC team provided me with the correct unlock code that unlocked my phone without a hitch but it took a week for the reply from the NUC team as they had to contact the manufacturers of the phone. Well done the NUC team!

View more options
jimmymcjam

I requested an unlock code for my Sony Xperia XZ. I received the code and it doesn't work. It says the unlock attempt was unsuccessful.

I have double checked the IMEI and number are correct and they are. I tried emailing support but get an auto-generated email back.

Any advice?

View more options
Colleen

@giscott @jimmymcjam It’s disappointing to hear you’re having problems with your network unlock code (NUC) requests. We’ll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. I've sent you both a private messagewith details on how to get in touch with our team.

@Anonymous I appreciate this must be extremely frustrating for you and we really do want to help. For us to be able to able to supply you with your NUC, we do need to access your account and pass security first. Please follow the steps in the private message @Josh sent and we’ll be able to get this arranged for you.

View more options
PeterE
1: Seeker

Dear Vodafone,

I moved to Singapore for 1 year for my year abroad and attempted to put a singtel SIM into my phone. The store entered the unlock pin incorrectly and the SIM card locked requesting the network puk. When the SIM is entered to a network unlocked phone the SIM card works and when I enter the network unlock code given by Vodafone it says unlock unsuccessful. I've checked the imei number and it's correct and the network pin given by singtel won't unlock the phone. What can I do as I've spent an exorbitant sum of money on roaming in the month I've been here.

Kind regards,

Peter

View more options
jimmymcjam

Hi Colleen,

I followed you instructions and submitted a message detailing my issue and also provided all of my details again.

The reply I got was this (below) and I am at a loss. If you can't help me over the forums and ask me to send a PM, and then tell me that you can't answer a PM and I need to ask for help in the forum, then how do I actually get help?

Hello jimmymcjam,

You have received a private message in the Community home.

Please click here to access the Private Message on the community.
Subject: Re: Phone Network Unlocking
Date: 31-08-2018 04:55 PM

Due to the amount of queries we receive on the Community, we’re unable to respond to PM’s. Please follow the options below, to ensure your query is resolved as quickly as possible.

The Community is for community based support and discussion on a variety of topics such as technical queries, device help and industry news.

• Use the search function to see if someone has had the same or similar question as you, this may have already been answered.
  • Click the “Ask the Community” button under “Got a question?” on the right of the page to start a new conversation.
  • Reply to a thread about the same issue including your experience

Thanks,

Vodafone Social Media Team

Please advise what I need to do.

View more options
Shamrebika

Hi , 

I have received my 2nd unlock code but still getting unsuccessful message.

Can you help?

View more options
sujaymk

Hi,

I had requested for NUC and received it couple of days ago. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. When I inserted the new SIM, it asked for the code. When I enter the code, I get the error message saying 'Incorrect Network Unlock Code entered'. Let me know what else do I need to do or if you need any more information from me.

Best regards,

Sujay

View more options