main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

@Alex wrote:

@Beecee I see you've received a PUK from your new provider, but have you requested a PUK from us? If not, our NUC team will be able to provide one, just reply to their email 🙂

@Hansxyz When you tried to use the NUC from us, what was the error message you were seeing? 

@Alex The email containing the NUC code is a 'donotreply' address, could you forward details of how to contact the NUC team regarding this matter. 

Thank you!

View more options

@Alex wrote:

@Beecee I see you've received a PUK from your new provider, but have you requested a PUK from us? If not, our NUC team will be able to provide one, just reply to their email 🙂

@Hansxyz When you tried to use the NUC from us, what was the error message you were seeing? 

Hi Alex,
The unlock code I got from your website and the one I got from nucresolution email [#20280212] both failed.  After a few times I got a "SIM network PIN blocked, Enter network PUK" message. I called Virgin and they gave me a few numbers to try which all failed, strangely they then adviced me to contact Vodafone. If I use the old Vodafone SIM card I get a "SIM not provisoned" message.

Thanks,
Hans.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi

i just received a network unlock code for my note 8 

The code u supplied 91850374

does not work

i have rebooted phone and tried again. No luck

i did *#06 to check imei and it’s good

View more options

@Beecee @Hansxyz @pcheaven So we can assist further with your network unlock code queries, I've sent each of you a private message with details to reach our team. Once we have your details, we'll then be in touch to help with the unlocking of your phones.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hello,

I recently got my NUC code via email and when I used a different sim on my mobile I got a pop window about entering a SIM PIN which I thought it was from the new SIM but it wasn't, because phone now is locked and needs PUK.

Can I have a PUK for a phone which is not on the Vodafone network anymore and the original vodafone sim was transfered to a new mobile on a per month price ?

I can't use the online vodafone site, because the original sim was tranfered to a new mobile device.

Any suggestions ;

Thanks.

PS. My old phone  says this : "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

View more options

Hello,

You wrote there that the NUC code is case sensitive, is it not 8 digits number? That's what I got but does not work. Could you help there? samsung s7 edge

View more options

@dinglezos It's more than likely that you'll need to get your PUK from the new SIM provider if this was the SIM installed when processing the unlock using the NUC. Have you tried contacting them for this and if so, has this worked? 

@placide I'm sorry to hear your NUC isn't working. So we can confirm the code and go through any errors you're facing, please follow the instructions I've sent via Private Message to get in touch.

View more options

Hello,

I received the NUC for Samsung S7, but when I enter it I get an error message:

"Network Unlock Request Unsucessful"

I have entered it in correctly.

Thanks.

View more options

Hi,

I was provided with an 8 digit number, i entered it 5 times. I really don't know how I could enter this incorrectly?

either this is wrong or something else. 

View more options

Hi,

I am trying to get my iPhone X unlocked but despite meeting all the criteria I keep getting my NUC request rejected by Vodafone due to needing my PAYG sim active for 30 days.

My phone has definitely been active for more than 30 days (including making chargeable calls/texts) so clearly this is a system issue - I called customer services who confirmed my SIM has been active for more than 30 days.

I have raised this with NUC Resolution Team but have not got any response.

Can anyone please assist?

Thanks.

View more options

Hey @guyh@placide and @bpattni thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you're all having problems getting your phones unlocked. So I can escalate the issues you're having to our NUC team, I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Hi,

my unlock code is not working.

I have tried several times to use this unlock code and every time it comes up with error “Network Unlock request is unSuccessful”

The IMEI code is correct for my D5803 Sony Xperia Z3 compact handset.

Please send me a working code.

thanks

andrew

View more options

@Josh No, the PUK from the new provider SIM didn't work.

I also tried a SIM from a third provider and their PUK didn't work either.

Also there was no process to enter the NUC, I got the PIN request as soon as I switched on the phone.

So I am certain that somehow the Vodafone chip has locked down the phone, but as I said I can't use the old SIM as I transfered it to another phone and contract.

It seems many people in this forum have the same problem but I don't see you providing any solutions.

View more options

I have the same problem trying to get NUC for a phone I've paid over 24 monts contract.
Everytime I get the e-mail: “You recently asked us to unlock your device so you can use it on another Network. Unfortunately, we can’t do this because the device serial number you provided doesn’t match the one on your account……” and I'm certain the IMEI is correct. I have tried more than 10 times.

View more options

Hey @awads, sorry about that. 

If you've got the code, but it's not working, then we'd need to escalate this for you. There are some occasions where we need to contact the manufacturer to get a code, but we'll be able to sort it.

We'll need to access your account to be able to help, so I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

View more options

I have received the NUK code for an s7but when entered it says unlock unsuccessful. Have checked several times that I am entering the code correctly and have tried the sim in another phone with no issues.

View more options

I think i am going out of my mind!!

I requested an unlock code for a smart x9, and when i received it the code came back as 'NOT LOCKED'. When i queried this i was told that phone is not locked, but it quite obviously is as i only purchased it at the end of Nov 18 and had to wait the 30 days before requesting a NUC. I was then passed to the NUC resolution team who asked me for a CU number which could be obtained via pressing a series of keys. I was told that when I had obtained the number I had to give it to the NUC team who would then pass it onto the phone manufacturer for further investigation. I followed the instructions but only ended up with an 'unknown command' message. I took the phone into the Lancaster store where i purchased the phone. They tried to follow the instructions given by the NUC team and got the same result as me. To add to this not one of them knew what a CU number was!.

I have rung Vodafone to complain tonight and the friendly chap on the phone proceeded to complete another NUC request form, despite me telling him that i had already gone through this rigmarole!!. I can't get a answer from the NUC team despite informing them 10 days ago that their instructions for obtaining a CU code don't work.

I am now stuck with a phone that is definitely locked but according to Vodafone isn't, no-one wants to deal with my issue and seem to think that requesting another NUC will fix things!.

Not acceptable... Anyone had the same issues or can offer any advice??

Thanks

View more options

Hi Guys,

Received the NUC auto request, however, not working.

Phone details are :

Phone is  Sony Xperia XZ 32GB Forest Blue

IMEI is 352 632 0849 19376
Unlock code is 7394575828926440

Do you need anymore information?

Thanks

S

View more options

That's not so great @IanClarke.. As I mentioned earlier, this really needs to be escalated to our NUC team. They'll generate a new code, and if this also does not work, they'll then contact the manufacturer. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

View more options

I had a phone off partner asked for unlock code you sent us one to [Removed] and it doesn't work I now only have 2 attempts left its a Sony experia L1 imei 35524 909241 6696 the email address you sent the nuc code to is [Removed] can you help asap

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

View more options