main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

I am trying to unlock the phone my daughter has given me.

It is a Samsung galaxy s6 edge.

I have received the unlock code from you but when i turn the phone on with my EE sim inserted the phone keeps saying that it is unsuccessful .

I don't know what to do now....... can you help?

View more options

I've just checked my email and I can't see a confirmation. Should I submit it again?

View more options

Hello, I am hoping the moderator can help me with a breakdown in communication for my mobile unlock request. I requested NUC by fillng in the form on 1 Apr 2019. I received an email saying I had not been on Vodafone for greater than 30 days, so I needed to wait. The email contained a link to nuc resolutions team which I used to reply that I had indeed used the SIM for greater than 30 days (I started with vodafone on1 Mar 2019 with a 5 pound top up of the sim card which came with the new phone). I got an automated reply with UNLOCK REQUEST REFERENCE [20663882] on 2 April not answering my point. I then phoned up 3 April - after a long delay, the service advisor took my details again and said she would email the NUC team to escalate. I offered my unlock request reference, but strangely she refused to take it - I think she simply raised a new NUC request. I have not had any email or phone acknowledgement since the call on 3 April, so I don't know if anything is progressing on not. Please could you check and let me know what is happening? The phone is a simple phone with help button for my elderly mother and a I need low user payg tariff which I can't find on vodafone hence I need the NUC to be resolved urgently. Thank you.

View more options

Same problem as others. NUC not working on galaxy a3. IMEI 200% correct please help

View more options

Hey @KKeita, if you've not received a confirmation email; please try completing the form again and let me know how you get on.

@Entertainer63@JW11 and @mariagc I've popped you all a private message over with details on how to get in touch, as I'll need to access your accounts to raise the problems you're having to our NUC team. 

View more options
3: Seeker

I received my NUC and 3ntered itinto my locked phone but still doesn’t work

View more options

Hi @Jwiles77 I'm sorry to hear your NUC isn't working after a few attempts. We'd need to escalate this to our NUC team to get a better idea of what's going on. So we can do so, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options

Hi 

I am having issues unlocking my phone. I have received an unlock code however this is not working. 

Please help  

Thanks 

View more options

@Kasim19 I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your phone and the NUC you've received hasn't worked, I understand how unsatisfying this must be. So I'm able to help you further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Hello. I have received an unlock code however this is not working. The code is with letters but my device doesn't support it. Im trying to type it but nothing happens. I need a numeric code so I can use it and unlock my phone 

View more options

I have recieved my unlock code however when entering it says unsuccessful. Do I need to do anything else. I am unlocking Samsung S8 Edge on Vodafone for the use with an EE aim card 

View more options

Hey @Tepe21, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked. What make and model is it? There might be specific instructions you'll need to input your NUC - you can double check on our unlocking page here.

@BrowneA88 are you trying to unlock your phone using the following steps?

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Insert an activated non-Vodafone SIM
  3. Turn on the phone. You'll see a prompt to enter the SIM network unlocking code
  4. Enter your NUC

Let me know if you're still struggling after this and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for. 

View more options

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S8. I have followed all the steps and I continues to sale Unsuccessful.

Do you have any further tips or should I contact the phone provider? 

View more options

@TJ My device is Huawei mate 20 pro and I couldnt find anything 

View more options

@Tepe21 @BrowneA88 - We can check the steps and the code with our Network Unlock team. We’ll just need to access your account to do this. Please get in touch with us by one of the following options:

• Twitter using @VodafoneUK
  • Facebook using Vodafone UK
  • Live chat

View more options

I have already done this. They send me the same code again and again 

View more options
NIH
1: Seeker

Hi, I also have the same issue, I was given an NUC today to unlock my Samsung S8 but have put in the unlock code twice (correctly) and it says that unlock has been unsuccessful. Please can you help?

View more options
Administrator

@Tepe21 Have you contacted us on Facebook or Twitter? If so, please reply to the last message to make sure our team know the code isn't working and we'll be able to follow this up. 

@NIH Please do also get in touch using the contact methods in @Gemma's post and we'd be happy to take a look into your NUC. 

View more options

My girlfriend upgraded so Im using her old phone, i want to unlock it. I have recieved an NUC on my email. entered it on the S7 edge but it aays it's unsuccessful

View more options

@mortymajor The NUC you received via email, was this provided by Vodafone directly? If so, is there any other specifics mentioned in the error message when entering the code? 

View more options