main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

@z4hid Our Social Media channels would be the way to get in touch with us personally. Alternative options would be to give us a call on 191 or pop over a message to us on Live Chat
@b0yce I really appreciate this has been going on for some time and you've tried many options to get your NUC. 
Could you please let me know your name/username on Facebook? I'll then be able to search for your post and make sure someone is looking into this for you. If you want to keep this private, please add it to your profile on here. We are a little busy on Social at the moment but I can assure you, we'll get back to you as quickly as we can 😊

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, anyone know Vodafone's hours of operation on their Facebook page? I messaged on Saturday using their messenger, but had no response at all. Thanks

View more options

Hi @Colleen , I see you are a moderator. Are you able to assist? Thanks

View more options

@Colleen

Hi, I see you are a moderator. Are you able to assist? Thanks

View more options

Thanks @TJ

Thing is, how do I know that the NUC team have to go to my phone manufacturer for this master code? All I have had from them are auto-replies, so I can't be sure they are even aware of my issue, let alone have to wait for a further possible 10 days.

Thanks

View more options

Hi @Colleen

It seems your Facebook messenger channel is down. I raised a query on Saturday and had zero response since. It's simply not fit for purpose.

View more options

Vodafone wouldn't help me, so to resolve my inability to unlock my phone from their network, I took advice from others on this forum and bought the following off of a seller on Ebay:

NCK Unlock and MCK Unfreeze codes. 

The seller ended up giving me the same unlock code Vodafone did, but once they gave me the MCR Unfreeze code, this helped unlock the phone. 

Life's too short to allow Vodafone to cause such grief. If I had the time, I would be referring this practice of locking our phones, and how Vodafone are unable to deal with the experience of unlocking (thereby causing customers mass frustration in not being able to leave their network easily) to the ombudsman.

View more options

Vodafone wouldn't help me, so to resolve my inability to unlock my phone from their network, I took advice from others on this forum and bought the following off of a seller on Ebay:

NCK Unlock and MCK Unfreeze codes. 

The seller ended up giving me the same unlock code Vodafone did, but once they gave me the MCR Unfreeze code, this helped unlock the phone. 

Life's too short to allow Vodafone to cause such grief. If I had the time, I would be referring this practice of locking our phones, and how Vodafone are unable to deal with the experience of unlocking (thereby causing customers mass frustration in not being able to leave their network easily) to the ombudsman.

View more options

@BARTON999 I'm really sorry for the delayed reply - it's great to hear your phone is now unlocked. I know this has been a disappointing experience for you. We're a little busier than usual on our social channels at the moment, so it can take a while to respond. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback though and if there's anything we can help you with in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi how are you ????
I am a new user for iphone I bought an iphone 8 plus from ebay and I am just waiting to receive it
the iphone i bought had a problem (locked to Vodafone only so i cant make calls and sending messages)
I contacted the Vodafone and they told me I shall used a sim for 30 days to unlock the mobile I am from Israel if I bought the sim it will work in Israel??
thanks

View more options

Hello, can you help me with unlocking a Samsung galaxy A70. I have a PUC but i cannot find any instructions anywhere.

View more options

I have received a nuc code for my Sony Experia E5 and it is not working

View more options

Hi @tamer44, apologies for the delay in getting back to you! It's a shame to hear you've purchased an iPhone 8 online that's locked to us. Unfortuantely, the previous owner of this device will need to get it unlocked directly from us, so I'd recommend getting in touch with the person you bought the phone from. 

@Melwilliams_05 Sorry the NUC you've received isn't working. So a member of our team can get this looked into, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

@Chalorigby Although you've received your PUK, have you requested for your NUC to get the device unlocked? You can do this by submitting the required NUC Form on our website.

View more options

Thanks for your reply @loz what I can do now? I sent him message but no reply 

View more options

You're more than welcome @tamer44! Unfortuantely, there isn't anything you can do other than wait for a response. It's down to the previous owner of the phone to get the device unlocked for you and if they aren't willing to do this, I'd see if you can return the phone - as you're unable to use it.

View more options

With all my recpect to your opinion I don't think you know too much about my situation I contacted apple and if you want I can attach you a screenshot for the conversation between me and him they said no problem from their side the problem can be solved only by Vodafone I contacted your support they gave me 3 different answers 

1-we will send you a nuc within 2_24 hours 

2- you can remove the lock if you used Vodafone Sim for 30 days 

3-you can check with any store who claim they can unlock it 

And now your answer nothing you can do 

Please if the mobile were stolen do you thin eBay would accept to show thier website+ the Royal mail will accept to carry a stolen item to my country 

Thanks for your patience @loz

View more options

@tamer44 I certainly understand how frustrating the conflicting information you've received must be and I'm sorry for that. Apple is the manufacturer of the device, as it's locked to our network they'll automatically refer you back to us (without any investigation from their end). If this was your device originally purchased with us, the usual process would include filling out the NUC Form on our website. 

The process of this can then take up to 48 hours to get your phone unlocked, sometimes if we need to get in touch with your phone's manufacturer, it can take up to 10 working days. If you submitted the required form now, it would be rejected by our Network Unlocking team for security purposes, as the IMEI will show that it's linked to another persons account (possibly the previous owner, seller of the phone). Usually in these cases, we'd advise you to refer back to the seller if they haven't specified it's locked to our network. 

Alternatively, you can try using a Vodafone Pay as you go SIM with us for 30 days and then filling out the NUC form. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that's been caused by this.

View more options

thanks again for your help @loz I am very happy that the forum has a patient person like you ,,this is the point i want to hear buying a vodafone sim and used it for 30 days ,,my question if i get the sim do you accept that i used it in israel of course you know there is no vodafone coverage in isreal i will use it as roaming vodafone is this ok ????

View more options

Recieved the auto reply to unlock my Iphone 5s, except the phone is still locked.

View more options

@tamer44 As long as the SIM is registered in the UK first (so you connect to the Vodafone UK network) and you make a couple of calls, send some texts and use some data, you should then be able to use that SIM for roaming in Israel. This, as far as I'm aware, would count towards your 30 days of usage 😊 
Unfortunately, I can't guarantee how reliable the roaming would be and you'd need to be weary of charges. I hope this helps? 
@Faolan_Storm Could you let me know what the auto reply said please? It may be that they're in the process of unlocking your phone still. 

View more options