main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

2: Seeker

Hi, I've recieved mu NUC code but for some reason its not accepting it and i cant unlock my non-vodafone sim. My phone is a samsung s10+ but its not listed in the devices list in the next steps link thats in the email.

View more options

I received my unlock code through email. It was identical to my IMEI code. I tried inputting it but... Phone unlock code unsuccessful. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@taless wrote:

Hi, I've recieved mu NUC code but for some reason its not accepting it and i cant unlock my non-vodafone sim. My phone is a samsung s10+ but its not listed in the devices list in the next steps link thats in the email.

@taless 

Is your non Vodafone sim card activated i.e. connects to mobile data etc and are you currently in the UK.

If so then some Samsung Galaxy phones also need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you with this.

Or as theres no account access via this forum you can contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

Make sure you link back to this thread and provide your forum username.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

@SiameseCobra wrote:

I received my unlock code through email. It was identical to my IMEI code. I tried inputting it but... Phone unlock code unsuccessful. 

@SiameseCobra 

The Nuc will not he the same as your imei number.

Please contact customer service on 191 or Live Chat to ask for the Nuc to be re sent.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I have inputted the NUC code correctly 3 times and each time I get the error message "unlock unsuccessful". I upgraded from this phone in February this year and haven't used it since. What else can I do to unlock it? 

View more options

@Colleen wrote:

@Faolan_Storm Could you let me know what the auto reply said please? It may be that they're in the process of unlocking your phone still. 

Here is the automated message I recieved:

"Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your Apple device. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next
Simply insert a non-Vodafone SIM into your device with IMEI serial number ***************, then turn it on and follow the on-screen instructions to set up iCloud and iMessage/Face Time.

Once you’re done, you’ll be able to use your device on another network. If you need more help, please try following the instructions on the Apple website "

Which I have obviously tried. Even with either no sim or a different network's sim in, the phone still says the carrier is Vodafone UK 16.1.
I also allowed another 24hrs after recieving the auto reply and tried again, and also tried to factory reset the phone's network settings, still with no luck.

View more options

Thanks for getting back in touch @Faolan_Storm, have you tried inserting a different network SIM and connecting the phone to iTunes? Or tried a factory reset (make sure to back up your data first)?

@OluMoks I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked. We'll need to escalate this to our NUC team, to see if they can get you and alternative NUC.

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@Colleen

I have added my Facebook handle for you to track down, but this is just so frustrating. After no further response from anyone, the NUC email is a non-monitored email address so no chance to provide feedback on a shoddy service - especially since they replied with the code I mentioned already did not work! Not sure they read that opening request!

So I have recently taken matters into my hands, checked the phone to find that the Network Lock counter was set to 0 meaning the phone was hard-locked! So I then contacted Sony local support who then offered me to send the phone to one of their service centres. It arrived there and then a few days later I got a quote for £30.67 to reset the device include Network lock counter. I paid this and the phone has now come back, I verified the counter was back at 5 and then decided to use the NUC code that has been given to me by 4 different avenues - guess what - it still did not work and I verified the counter has gone down to 4.

There is something wrong here, but I am at a loss of what can be done to resolve it. It seems that I have a perfectly functional phone albeit locked to a network who seem absolutely incapable of assisting apart from directing me to other avenues which is where I have to start the whole process again each time!

As you can tell I am quite bored of this charade and would only like someone to assist me to resolution.

I will wait another 10 days for a response from "support".

View more options

@b0yce  - I'm sorry again that it's still on going. We've received your PM and we'll be back in touch as soon as we reach it. 

View more options

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem as everyone here. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I need to unlock my phone as I've switched to Sky. Now I've just received the NUC code but when I insert the sky sim, the message I'm seeing is  'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.'

I've tried using the NUC I received from Vodafone but it says unsuccessful. From the various threads and posts, it looks like this is the right place to start.

Can you please help?

Thanks

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Probably not, but worth a go..

View more options

@francysayo  So one of our team can take a closer look into getting your Samsung unlocked for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

Hi, My phone is registered on Vodafone.

I am trying to use an 02 sim in it, however it isn't working.

I've tried the O2 PUK code and also got a vodafone NUK code. Neither work.

The message I get says "SIam network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Can someone help please?

View more options

Hi, My phone is registered on Vodafone.

I am trying to use an 02 sim in it, however it isn't working.

I've tried the O2 PUK code and also got a vodafone NUK code. Neither work.

The message I get says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Can someone help please?

View more options

@Jdhallu  We'd love to help you getting your phone unlocked! So one of our team can take a closer look into this and get the codes you need generated for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi

received my NUC and it's not worked

put new SIM in and it's 'emergency calls only'

only need to use new SIM for a couple of weeks whilst abroad

need help to have it unlocked ASAP

thanks

View more options

I have a NUC number and am trying to unlock my nokia 1600 payg . There are no instructions for this model on the Vodafone website 

View more options

Hey @fergette72, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked. What's the make and model? Also, is the new SIM you're using activated? Pop back and let me know, I'll be happy to investigate further for you.

@YasBP please try the following: 

1. Turn on your phone without a SIM Card in it
2. Enter the unlocking code # pw+ YOUR NUC HERE +1# (For example, if you receive 418636523456123, then the code is actually #pw+418636523456123+1# 
3. The phone should now be unlocked

Let me know if this works, if not; I'll be happy to take another look into this for you. 

View more options
Done! Thanks very much
View more options
1: Seeker

I am still having the same issues, I have even tried puk of my 02 line, got a new 02 sim card and tried the puk, it's still the same issues, tried the puk of Vodafone, the same issues. Please what's the solutions to these? I hv also tried the unlocking code, same issues. It says network locked sim card. And it's asking for puk number. Please help me out. I beg of u. 

View more options