main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
1: Seeker

Same issues, I have tried all puks both for new sims no changes, stils not working. 

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

@Gaius - We can help to get the right code you’ll need! We’ll need to take some of your account details securely first.

Please contact our team via Facebook PM for Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter DM using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also include a link to this thread, along with your usernames. This will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

@Gemma@Colleen

Just wanted to feedback that finally I have my resolution after over a month of trials and tribulations with support - all forms! I also had to go back to Sony at my expense to reset network lock counter in that period.

I finally managed to get 4 NUC codes from Facebook Vodafone Support (after 4 days of further waiting) to try - including the one I was given 4 times previously as the last one to try. You can guess that the first - new - NUC code in that list worked and the phone is network free at last.

Which now beckons the question, was the original NUC code (4th in list) the wrong one to give out in the first place? Maybe something for further Vodafone investigation.

I am not overly satisfied with the level of the support given here, in-store as it was a case of being pushed to social media channel and then a no-reply email only nuc resolutions team, which meant I had to re-visit the same channels again to restart the process. I thankfully don't normally have any issues with Vodafone so don't generally contact support, but if I do they have been handled in entirety by 191 which is something one would expect. NUC and things it seems cannot be done this way, which I guess should be stressed more on the NUC pages as a warning to users.

View more options
Highlighted

@b0yce I'm pleased to hear your issue with unlocking your device has now been resolved. I'm sorry you've had this experience with us and we appreciate the feedback you've given. I'll be sure to pass this on internally to our dedicated team, to help improve our customers journey in the future. If you need anything else at all, don't hesitate to drop us a message!

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

If you enter the wrong network unlock code too many times, the correct one won't work.

The phone says somthing like: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

If you can find an option on Vodafone's automated phone system that lets you talk to customer services, ask them for the MCK - Master unlock code.  Be prepared to wait for a week, as they may have to go back to the manufacturer of the phone for the code. Good Luck.

Hopefully this issue will be on the call answering system one day, to reduce frustration.  

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

My nuc will not work I've tried everything everyone's posted on this and still nothing! 

I need help. Please 

View more options
Highlighted

Hello, I have a NUC number to unlock my phone, but it does not work. As I've been trying to unlock it abroad in France, I was first told when contacting you to try doing it in the UK as there was some kind of security, I came last month to one of the Vodafone shops to try to unlock it again as I was travelling in Scotland, but it did not work either with a local chip. I was told to contact nucresolutions[at]help.vodafone.co.uk which I did twice but did not get any answer since. Can you let me know what to do please ? I would really like to use my phone with my new SIM now

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @plarraufie @Jackho, we really want to get the issues unlocking your phones resolved as soon as possible. So that we can do this can you get in touch by Facebook or Twitter where we will be able to chase this up?

View more options
Highlighted

I have got an NUC code from Vodafone directly for my Huawei Mate 20 Pro and it simply isn't working. Any suggestions?

I don't really know where to go from here. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi I am not using facebook not Twitter.

Following your message, I received a new NUC code (different from the previous one) but is still get the same message (unable to unlock). 

If I come again to one of your shops, would you have someone who can unlock it for me?

Thanks, 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Dansmeg, if you could contact our team via Facebook or Twitter and we will be able to investigate this for you.

Hi @plarraufie, sorry you are still unable to unlock your phone. If you do not have access to Facebook or Twitter you can alternatively contact our Webchat team here. A store would not be able to help as we will need to liaise with our Network unlocking team.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

I have received a network unlocking code for my Huawei mate 10 pro and each time i use the code it keeps coming up 'unlocking unsuccessful'. Please can you advise how I can rectify this issue?

Many thanks.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, 

I'm really struggling to unlock my Huawei Mate 10 Pro. I recieved an email from Vodafone with my phones unlocking code and I double checked that the IMEI serial number was correct. I have tried a few different ways which was suggested but each time it comes up saying 'unlocking unsuccessful.' It is asking for a NCK number however I assume this is the same as an NUC?

My previous monthly vodafone contract was up and seeing as I have no signal with vodafone where I currently live, I decided to change network providor.

I am getting extremely frustrated with this process. I was told that unlocking a phone was relativly straighforward, unfortunately with Vodafone it is anything but! I have been serveral weeks without a working phone and feel as if I am just going round in circles. 

Any help to get this issue resolved will be greatly appriciated. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Natasharose2122. I understand your frustration with this, we will need to take a look at your account to get this resolved, so that we can do this could you get in contact by Facebook or Twitter where one of our team will be able to take a closer look.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi I have recived my NUC code but after trying it 3 times the phone now says invaled sim inserted and asked for the sim PUK which I put in and it still dosent work

Regards

Martin

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @martinmgztt. We will need to take a look at your account, so our team can do this can you contact us on Facebook or Twitter where we can get this resolved for you.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi I did that yesterday morning and no one has replied

View more options
Highlighted

Sorry forgrot to say I forwared the email from vodaphone with the NUC code to nucresolutions@help. saying " I have tried the below NUC number 3 times and the phone asked for the sim puk I have tried that and it still wont work, looking at the fourm it says you need to provide me with the master unlock code is this correct and if not how do I unlock the phone"

and no reply from that ether.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

We feel your frustration and we're sorry that no ones been in touch yet @martinmgztt. We're quiet busy on our social channels at the moment, so hold tight; someone will be in touch as soon as they reach your message. 

View more options
Highlighted

I can see that I am not the first to experience problems with unlocking my phone but I will be polite and I expect you to respect that by helping me sort out the problem.  Yes, I have had my phone for over 2 years, it is out of contract and yes, I wish to move to another network.  I have had a Vodafoone account for over 10 years but last Autumn was stung by overseas charges and so i am moving to an alternative network whose roaming policy is far more amenable to my needs.

• 10 days ago I requested a Network Unlocking Code for my Samsung Galaxy s5 Neo.
  • I received a code by text 2 days later.
  • When I tried to use this code with the new SIM I got the message "SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter SIM Network PUK"
  • I tried 2 more times.  Same result.
  • I called the service line and eventually found a way to speak to a real person who was really helpful.
  • The operator viewed my account from her end and could see the history.  She confirmed my IMEI and took a note of the non-working code
  • She then informed me that it was necessary to escalate this request to a supervisor which she undertook to do immediately and I was told it would be looked into quickly.  I have no reason to doubt what she told me.
  • That was on 2nd August.  Today is the 8th August.
  • I have heard nothing by text, e-mail or phone call relating to this code.
  • The intro above says there may be problems but you would "keep me informed every step of the way".
  • To date you have failed to keep me updated.  You have failed to provide a working network unlock code.
  • Please will you respond and tell me the next steps and tell me quickly how loong it will take for you to resolve this problem.

Thank You ...  Malcolm

View more options