main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

1: Seeker

Hi,

I have got a Vodafone UK phone and received a NUC for it. However, when trying to unlock it to use Vodafone Australia sim card it returns that unlocking was unsuccessful. I am currently in Australia, which I think might be a problem. Is there any way to ensure that the NUC I received works whilst I am outside of the UK?

Thank you.

View more options

@ogubko We wouldn't be able to guarantee that your NUC will work when on a non-UK network.

If you're planning on travelling back to the UK, you'll be able to complete the process when you connect to a network. Alternatively, you can make arrangements for a relative or a friend in the UK to receive your phone and they can unlock this for you with your code.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi again - it's now been over a week since emailing about this.
How long should I expect to wait?

@DaneB wrote:

Hi @fastra, I'd recommend dropping us a message on Twitter - @VodafoneUk or on Facebook - Vodafone UK. We can look into this with you or escalate the query to the correct team.

View more options
2: Seeker

And  how quickly can we expect a response after coontacting you by Facebook?  24 hours so dar and counting for me - even an acknowledgement might give me some sort of assurance that you actually care.

View more options
3: Seeker

On Voxi but everything points me here. 

Requested my iPhone XR to be unlocked with the NUC form and got a reply very quickly saying all done. 

Tried a sim from other networks but all rejected.

Factory reset and all the latest software but still saying it isn't unlocked. 

HELP!

Error:-

THE SIM INSERTED INTO THE IPHONE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE SUPPORTED

(See picture if it actually appears!) 

IMG_20190820_221426.jpgIMG_20190820_221426.jpg

View more options

@fastra @bellm Apologies for the delay in our response, our social channels are busier than usual at the moment and we're working hard to respond to all of our customers, as quickly as possible! We appreciate your patience and a member of our team will get back to you, as soon as we've picked up your message. 

@JaysenLa1 I'm sorry you've had this experience when trying to unlock your device, have you spoken to VOXI directly on Social Media? 

View more options
1: Seeker

Have received unlock code via email and have tried entering it on my Samsung galaxy j3 but when I put any sim into the phone it says "sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK" 

View more options

Thanks Loz.

Voxi Twitter just waffled on for 9 hours and came to the conclusion that I was sent the successful unlock email from the 19th in error because that was the day they requested the unlock from Apple.

They said give it 10 days, we'll see

View more options

@Vladivar79 We'll get this sorted for you! So we can help with unlocking your phone, please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter @VodafoneUK.

Please include a link to your post and your username in your message - this will save you some time as you won't need to explain yourself again. 

@JaysenLa1 Please keep the team updated should you need any further assistance once the 10 days have passed.

View more options

This would be OK if the Unlock code worked!

I have taken it into the Vodafone shop where they also found it also did not work. All Vodafone do is repeatedly send me the wrong code again and again....

Do not buy a phone from Vodafone if you expect to unlock it later!

I was not told that Vodafone do not allow customers to leave when I bought it.  

Does anyone know if Vodafone employs anyone who knows anything beyond the basics?

View more options

The Video is useless as the code you keep sending me does not work..

View more options

Try raising a complaint thru https://www.resolver.co.uk

I got a previous problem resolved that way when I was struggling to do so elsewhere

View more options

The NUC you keep sending me does not work.  Are you stopping people unlocking their phones by giving out false codes?

View more options

I have the same problem.

It is not the SIM. The non Vodafone SIM comes to life when its put in another phone that was also unlocked from Vodafone to the same network as the SIM, without PIN or PUK

Because Vodafone just keep sending me the same NUC that does not work, I can only assume its somthing like Vodafone have corrupted the database of NUC codes to stop us unlocking our phones.

Everytime I ask for help, they send me the same rubbish code.

View more options

That is not correct.  If I put the my "other network" SIM into a handset on that network (was unlocked from Vodafone), it comes straight to life!  No PIN or PUK required.  I have never set a PIN on the new SIM, so why would it want a PUK.

I have also tried a different SIM from a third network. Same issue.

The lady in the Vodafone shop tried both the SIMs in my phone. She filled out a "Consumer NUC Query Form", but all they did was send me the same useless code again.

I was not told that the phone was permanently tied to Vodafone when I bought it.

View more options

Oh what jolly fun they have at Vodafone, finding new ways they can stop people from unlocking their phones...

View more options

the "helpful" Vodafone customer services will tell you what you want to hear, so you give them a five star review. Only later do you find that you have been sold a pack of lies.

View more options

Hi,

I have the same problem.  Vodafone just keep sending me the same incorrect NUC.

I can only suggest buying a cheap local Mobile. 

View more options

I have been at them for weeks, so don't hold your breath..

View more options

Same issue here.

I have been at Vodafone for a couple of months now.  They are exceptional at wasting time and giving false hope without fixing anything...

View more options