main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

4: Newbie

I have been talking with Vodafone for HOURS and HOURS and HOURS to try to pry the unfreeze code from probably about 30 members of your staff in total.  Most listen quietly without a clue what I am talking about,  then say it will be done without doing anything but sending me the NUC code again.

Please Help!

View more options

More rubbish in that message from Vodafone. Samsung say that its Vodafone who enter the codes,  so Vodafone could tell you it if they wanted to, but they don't because we are leaving.  Though the reputational damage they do by annoying so many people cannot be good 

View more options

I bet thay get commission for mentioning social networks too..

View more options

@G6andrew We want to get this sorted for you and get your phone unlocked!

Please send our team a message on Facebook or on Twitter @VodafoneUK, with a link to your post along with your Community username. You then won't need to explain yourself again and it'll save you some time.

View more options

I'm still waiting for a working NUC
8th Aug - 1st received non working code

Numerous emails and posts on here since.

27th Aug - received 'sorry its taking so long email' from Sarah....
"We’re sorry to hear that the code we’ve given you isn’t working – we know this must be frustrating.

To get things sorted, we’ll reconfirm your unlock code with the manufacturer and get back to you with an update as soon as we can."

Heard nothing since.
I am now paying for 2 monthly contracts!
How much longer will this take AND how much more is this going to cost me?

View more options

Thank you I will try that

View more options

I have joined Facebook and left a post. No reply.

There is no good reason why the problem cannot be sorted by Text or Email or actually talk to me...  , but Vodafone probably get money from the social networks for the referrals...

I challenge Vodafone to find someone that can tell me why the NUC does not work and what I need to do to unlock my phone...!

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

I applied for my NUC for [Samsung Galaxy S8] on 05/Sept/2019. On the same day, received an email requesting to verify my email address. Unfortunately when I clicked the link, got a page saying there was a temporary error with Vodaphone server and asked to try again later. Although I tried later multiple times it always returns an error[different error though]. 

So I got in touch with customer care and they asked me to email "nucresolutions". I did email them on 6/Sep/2019. I received an automated email without any information regarding my application, but a link on how to use the online application. I am hesitant to use the online form again, as I have already used it twice and read somewhere can use it only 3 times in 12 months.

Can someone please check and let me know the status of my application? Is there anything pending from my side? Is my email address verified?

Many Thanks,

Tony

View more options

So, FINALLY sorted!!!!!!

Paid £14.95 to Simply Unlock and got working codes within 2 hours!

VODAFONE - you now owe me £14.95 + £43 (for 2 extra bills which were'nt needed!!!)

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get an NUC since the end of June. I had made multiple requests and spoken to several online agents. I have had a Vodafone SIM active for well over 30 days. I made an NUC request on August 5th. On August 6th I received the standard email saying I would receive the NUC code in 10 days. I have received no information since then.

Feel like I've been going round in circles making the same request for a few months. I believe the problem might be that the phone manufacturer (BUSH) is not available to select on the NUC request form? I discussed this with an online agent who said it wasn't a problem, a request was made and I would hear back. I'm going a bit spare.

Please let me know what information you require to get this sorted, because I now can't get through to any live agents. This issue has been going on for so long I'm sad to be disappointed in Vodafone as previously I've been a customer and was happy.

Has anyone else had this particular problem?

Best wishes,

Ele

View more options

So, I got a NUC promptly by email, but it doesn't work 

I've double check the IMEI is correct, which it is.

What am I supposed to do next?

View more options

@fastra Sorry you've been having trouble getting your phone unlocked, I appreciate why this may be frustrating. As you've mentioned you've now managed to get your NUC, did you get this done via a third party?

@Xentrik Oh no! Apologies the NUC you've received from us hasn't worked, I know how concerning this can be. We'll be more than happy to get this looked into for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

@iron_mun @tonyMa This isn't good to hear, we want to make the process of you requesting your NUC as easy and as smooth as possible - I'm sorry about the experience you've both had. Have you checked for correspondence from our dedicated team? This will be sent by email and can sometimes be filtered into your junk and spam folder.

View more options

@Loz, The error was while following the link from the email from Vodaphone. From some of the previous messages from Vodaphone, I tried messaging at Vodaphone UK Facebook messenger. They were quick in responding till yesterday. They asked me to upload the screenshot of the email I received which I did. There is no response since. I tried contacting them a few times. Still no response. @Loz, Can you please check the status of NUC request: 1442821

View more options

??? 

Are you being deliberately obtuse? 

My post cannot be more clearer... 

"Paid £14.95 to Simply Unlock and got working codes within 2 hours!'

... So yes I paid a third party for working unlock codes.

Sorry, but your reply simply underlines what's wrong with Vodafone for me. 

View more options

I can confirm that I have received no emails, and nothing has gone to my Junk mail. I've checked every day since the end of June. There's nothing I can do other that escalate to complaints, is there? 

I have also messaged on Facebook several days ago and no help received beyond replies reassuring me that Vodafone wants to help me. Great. I honestly don't understand what I have to do to get this NUC fulfilled. Unfortunately I feel a bit like I've having the mickey taken out of me. 

View more options

I got fed up waiting after being passed from phone call to forum to Facebook to Twitter!!

Absolutley ridiculous!!
Bite the bullet and pay £14.95 to Simply Unlocked. I got working codes from them within 3 hours.

View more options

I have been waiting several weeks and despite being assured by Vodafone staff that it would be unlocked the next door (several days ago) the phone is still locked. 

View more options

And there you have it - confirmation that no-one at Vodafone actual reads, comprehends or is prepared to deal with any messages what-so-ever...
Another reply from  NUC solutions that totally ignores my requests for a NEW code and just sends me the same code again...!!!!Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 16.39.16.png

View more options

Still waiting, still no progress since my initial NUC request on August 5th.

Received via Facebook: "This has been escalated to our Urgent NUC Escalations team. As soon as they get back with a response I'll be able to give you an update."

Can anyone confirm if the Urgent NUC Escalations team actually exists? 

View more options

Good question. It is so frustrating isn’t it? There’s obviously a big fault with this within Vodafone as the forum is full of people having the same problem. 

It is making me wonder whether to go elsewhere next time even though I’ve been with Vodafone for 11 years!  

View more options