main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

4: Newbie

@terryhh wrote:

over 1000 messages since July with customers having issues such as ours with unlocking Vodafone locked phones.Vodafone obviously have a big issue with their Network Unlocking Team,who you cannot contact direct either through chat/webmail or phone and have to rely on other areas of Vodaphone customer service to contact.This is unacceptable and customers should be able to communicate directly with someone who can explain and rsolve issues.Senior management need to address this,I worked in Customer service management for a large international bank and would always insist on pro-active management of issues which appears to be non existent at Vodaphone.

It's almost like it's done on purpose!
Like they're extremely determined to hamper any effort to leave the network, making it so hard and frustrating that you eventually say "forget it" and stay with Vodafone...!!
Or perhaps thats just me being cynical??

View more options
2: Seeker

Agree seem to be the only provider who seem to have instructed their NUC unit to ensure all their effort is into making sure you cannot unlock a phone, rather than providing a very simple service, along with providing no details of what the supposed issues are.How they are rated "The NO 1 Provider" for the second year running is beyond me!!. 

View more options

The email I have received from the Unlocking team states that my phone is unlocked, though I have not received a NUC. I have tried to activate my new SIM code but it has not worked. Do I need to input  a NUC?

regards. Pat Badder

View more options
17: Community Champion

If this is an iPhone @Patbadder, the process is to keep trying an alternative network SIM in the phone until you receive the unlocked message.

Apple don't supply a code, phones are unlocked remotely on Apple database. 

@Patbadder 

Please see this thread from this morning, it will be the same process.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-Phone/m-p/2643897#M68733

View more options

Thank you Ann,

i will request another SIM card👍🏻

View more options
1: Seeker

recieved an email saying my iphone was now unlocked and followed the instructions, how ever it will still not accept a sim from any other provider?

View more options

For anyone still experiencing issues with unlocking their phone after receiving their Network Unlock Code (NUC), please message us with a link to your post, your Community username and your details on Facebook or Twitter.

You then won't need to repeat your queries and we can assist you straightaway 👍

View more options

How do people , and you'll be amazed to hear this, go on who don't have Facebook or Twitter though

@Natasha wrote:

For anyone still experiencing issues with unlocking their phone after receiving their Network Unlock Code (NUC), please message us with a link to your post, your Community username and your details on Facebook or Twitter.

You then won't need to repeat your queries and we can assist you straightaway 👍

???

View more options
3: Seeker

Vodafone sent us to this forum. This forum sends us to Facebook and Twitter?

In the meantime the device continues unlocked.   Is anyone here able to help ???????????????

I don't want to keep going from platform to platform....!!!  Already posted everything here,

In my casa the moderators are helping  apart from sending us to other platforms and resending  the same info.....so far NOT IMPRESSED. 

View more options

Now 10 days since my last correspondence with Vodaphone after numerous calls/chats/ emails, and that promised that I would hear with either NUC code or reason why it has not been supplied.Bought SIM 16/8, as advised by local Vodaphone shop, used phone and applied after 30 days, and guess what ?

Absolutely no pro-active contact from them,total waste of time, should have paid someone to unlock within 6 hours.If it is so simple for them why does Vodaphone persist in making it a prolonged saga for their customers? 

Jade Pearson advised 23/9 my application did not meet required criteria,but supplied no detail,maybe they could have the decency to contact and explain why ?

Email to CEO and Senior Management will follow.

View more options

@fastra If you'd prefer not to reach us through an account over Social Media, you can reach one of our advisers through Live Chat or when calling 191.

@James2019001 We take our customers security seriously and as our Community is public it wouldn't be secure to discuss accounts here. Once we receive your message over our channels, our team will be in touch to help. 

@terryhh Let's get this resolved for you! So we can look into your Network Unlock Code (NUC) request, please pop us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, mobile number and a link to your post.

View more options

posted again on facebook, no respone as usual.

View more options

I entered the code i was sent and still receive this message

@terryhh I can see our team have responded to your message yesterday - if you still need help please reply to our latest Facebook message.

@abd87 I can see one of our Community Champions @BandOfBrothers has replied to your other post with some advice and information which should help

View more options

The facebook response was two days after I tried to contact,are you expected to leave open for this period? I haveve given up with Vodafone and had phone unlocked by third party who responded with a code within 6 hours.Why do you prolong such a simple task and cause frustration and annoyance to your customers.Suggest others do the same.

View more options

I'm sorry for the delayed resonse through Facebook @terryhh, we've been extremely busy recently. we usually answer queries within a few hours, sometimes minutes. We can experience a delay providing your NUC if we need to contact the manufacturer to request this.

View more options

@terryhh wrote:

The facebook response was two days after I tried to contact,are you expected to leave open for this period? I haveve given up with Vodafone and had phone unlocked by third party who responded with a code within 6 hours.Why do you prolong such a simple task and cause frustration and annoyance to your customers.Suggest others do the same.

If you've still got a Vodafone account ask for a refund of your costs. 

After a Facebook chat I was told that the £15 I'd spent with a 3rd party in getting unlock codes would be reimbursed to my account - but as I'd already left then I couldn't take advantage of this offer. 

View more options

Third party unlocked phone within 6 hours of my request, so why so long for Vodafone to not respond or contact, please arrange refund of my £25.00 cost to third party and £10 spent on Vodafone sim card which proved useless.This will compensate for my 8 weeks of wasted time and energy trying to get you to unlock my phone.You did not provide the service advised and under the Consumers Rights Act 2015 I am entitled to compensation or will pass on to the Ombudsman.

View more options
3: Seeker

Similar case here. Its terrible I think.

I hate having to post and repost and go from forum to forum. I paid for the mobile phone contract and deserve it to be unlocked.

View more options

Can you supply third party details for the rest of us 

View more options