main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I've requested my phone to be unlocked on 16/2/2020 an still no nuc I was told 30days and I've messaged Vodafone so many times and they advise me is being processed well I thought I'll try give apple a call and ask them what's taking them so long to unlock my phone the advised me Vodafone have not requested nuc for my imei or name they said they keep getting calls from people in regards to this they said the problem is with Vodafone not sending them the request so we all have to wait until Vodafone send them requests..I going to take this matter further now as I've got script from lie chat promising me this will be done on 5 different chats it's not on 

View more options
Highlighted

@Luke1082 It certainly shouldn't take that long for an NUC, this will need a closer look! Please can you pop our team a message over on either of the following, we'll get you all unlocked:

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

I received an unlock code for my Sony Xperia 5 yesterday.

Invalid code though. I tried a Plusnet SIM, but didn't work.

I am concerned that after trying 3 times in case I typed incorrectly, that I am using up the limited attempts.

Another few wrong ones and it's locked for life.

Any advise please?

View more options
Highlighted

I was issued a NUC code for my S8 which was my phone on my previous contract with you. I want my daughter to have it but she is on another network. I made an error and imputed the wrong code too often and believe I have locked the handset now. I spoke with a Vodafone agent on monday who assured me I would get the handset unlock/unfreeze code and all would be sorted with 24-48 hours. I really need this sorted and, despite my error, don't believe Vodafone have any right to lock my device which I have paid for. Can this be resolved quickly please? Thanks.

View more options
Highlighted

Today is 23/3/20 and still no nuc code I was on live chat last night again asking what's going on as it's taking so long again guess what I was told same as all the other times please check tomorrow.this is a joke and I just can't seem to get to the bottom on why there are treating customers in this way but I do know one thing for sure it's a way you can finish your contracts early as they are not meeting my needs for this any company who does not meet your needs in validates the contract with what you agreeing we think this case must now goto the ombudsman  and I will supply all the live chats and I know from what he sees they will contact Vodafon.so to all you guys who have been waiting and tired of being told tomorrow tomorrow submit your complaint directly to the ombudsman not Vodafone as they do not care 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Deeyup I can understand how this can be worrying. Please get in touch with us on our social channels and we'll be happy to chase this up with out NUC team.

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

View more options
Highlighted

So, apparently asking nicely and describing the issue gets ignored. I see the only responses come when threats of ombudsman come in, really poor from you Vodafone. It is now 10 days since I was promised a solution within 07######### hours. I require a positive, active and tangible response or I will escalate to the only level you appear interested in - this is a crappy way of doing business.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

after wasting 2 weeks and  getting no where with these halfwits I bit the bullet and spent £15 with Simply Unlocked.
I had a working code within 3 hours!
It's worth it in the longrun!!!!!

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

After wasting 2 weeks and getting no where with these halfwits I bit the bullet and spent £15 with Simply Unlocked.
I had a working code within 3 hours!
It's worth it in the longrun!!!!!

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I purchased a Sony Xperia back in December but it was locked on Vodafone. I wanted to use my O2 SIM card but needed to wait 3 months to be able to. 

So today I finally was approved to have the NUC code to unlock the phone. I got it l, followed all instructions bto the T BUT keeps saying the unlock is unsuccessful.

What should I do now?

View more options
Highlighted

This is a typical story, same situation as me. Beware, don't keep trying as there is a limit of 5 wrong codes and you can't try again.

You need contact Vodafone UK through their Facebook messenger. They will ask for you to jump through some hoops before they will say most likely that they need to get the correct code from Sony.

All this will take a while, with the covid situation not helping.

I'm still waiting for my code 

Good luck

View more options
Highlighted

As we'll need access to your accounts to help unlocking your phones, we'll need you to contact us privately through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. When you contact us we'll need your full name, mobile number and any NUC you requested that hasn't worked and we'll be happy to help get this sorted for you.

If we need to contact the manufacturer about your NUC, it may take upto 10 working days for them to reply. If this is the case, we'll be able to update you about this when we've received you private message.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you Mark,

Already contacted Vodafone UK via FB. Waiting for a reply.

Kind Regards,

Ligia

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you so much.

Did what you recommended. Now to the waiting game.

Kind regards

Ligia

View more options
Highlighted

I have made contact via messenger, I will now await a response I guess....

View more options
Highlighted

The NUC you sent has failed twice.  So I now have just 3 lives left.  I have requested the code twice and received the same number.  Before entering this the second time I called 191 and was again given the same number.  I was concerned that the number provided was 16 digits while there appeared to be space for 17 on the NUC entry screen.  There had been reference on your forum to needing a leading zero - but this may well not be relevant as it was a different make - that used an 8 digit number (7 provided).  Please check whether the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803) needs a 16 or 17 digit number and suggest what I can do.  Thank you.  Mike

View more options
Highlighted

Question

Should the mobile number entered on the NUC form be the vodafone number previously used or the number that is in the phone when the NUC is entered?

View more options
Highlighted

@MikeRoberts The number you enter on the NUC form will need to be the Vodafone mobile number you used in the device previously (for more than 30 days).

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for confirming.  This is what I did.  Just trying to leave no stone unturned as to why the NUC did not work.

Mike

View more options
Highlighted

@MikeRoberts  If you're still trying to get this chased up, please contact us on social media so we can see where our NUC team are up to. 

View more options