main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
2: Seeker

When placing new 1pmobile SIM into Samsung J3 I'm getting the message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". I have used the PUK code 1pmobile have provided for the SIM and this did not work, I then tried the NUC code provided by Vodafone to unlock the phone - this also did not work. 

Please advise how this phone can be unblocked...  :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

@matthewgerring If the phone is prompting you to enter a SIM PUK, you'll need to obtain this from whichever provider's SIM you're using at the time. You could always try getting a Vodafone SIM PUK too, you'll just need to reach out to us HERE

View more options
Highlighted

Just to complete my time here, I have now unlocked my phone. 

The network unlock team requested the code from the manufacturer (Sony)

They forwarded me the code from Sony which was exactly.the same as the one supplied by Vodafone originally. Also in the email was a second alternative code.

This one worked perfectly.

So it took around 3 weeks in total, but we got there in the end.

Thanks and goodbye.

View more options
Highlighted

I have applied for an unlock for two iPhones which I bought direct from Apple and Vodafone decided to lock - my phone not yours...  anyway I have had the confirmation to wipe and reboot to complete the unlocking for both handsets. One has completed okay. The other has not. It is still locked and cannot make or receive calls. Please advise next steps. 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@Ockstar wrote:

I have applied for an unlock for two iPhones which I bought direct from Apple and Vodafone decided to lock - my phone not yours...  anyway I have had the confirmation to wipe and reboot to complete the unlocking for both handsets. One has completed okay. The other has not. It is still locked and cannot make or receive calls. Please advise next steps. 

Something has gone very wrong if a Vodafone Sim Card has managed to lock an iPhone that was bought directly from Aplle @Ockstar 

It simply shouldn't happen in any circumstances.

Are you definitely sure ?

I'm not doubting you but it just shouldn't happen !

In regards to Vodafone arranging for an iPhone to be unlocked as no Nuc is needed for the iPhone they make a request direct to Apple to have the iPhone unlocked centrally.

Apple then take over and it usually takes from a few days up to very occasionally 30 days for Apple to release the iPhone to all networks.

Best practice is to periodically insert the alternative activated network sim card and await for it to show as unlocked.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

I would like your help in solving the issue with the NUC that seems to be wrong as I can't unlock my old phone. I've requested this NUC on Sat, 12 Oct 2019, and after receiving the code and getting back to you with the problem, I was made assure that it would be sorted in the next days. Well, the same code was sent and... it didn't work as expected. 

After a while, I've requested a new code, but it came back saying that the phone should've been registered in your network. I have been using my new upgraded phone, so I won't be using the old one again. Could you please help and sort out this issue as I want to give the old one to my son, asap?

Thank you

Regards,

Nuno

View more options
Highlighted

Hello I’ve received my unlock code to use any sim but it doesn’t work what can I do 

View more options
Highlighted

@nmlima @Juliep1987 Hi both! Let's help with getting your phones unlocked. As we'll need to complete security to access your account securely, please drop our team a message on Facebook or Twitter. We'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you from there! If you include your Community username along with the link to your post, you won't need to write your query out again 👍

View more options
Highlighted

I have received the unlock code, but I can’t enter it as I just get a message saying sim blocked.

i have double checked that the IMEI number is correct, and have tried several different sims that I know work in other phones.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Hol 👋 let`s get to the bottom of this. We will just need to access your account to take a closer look, as we are unable to do this here can you contact our social teams and we will be able to assist further in the unlocking your phone.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi. I have recieved the unlock code from vodafone but despite trying several times, it is not working. Is there something I am missing? I have a samsung galaxy S8 and the SIM is from SMARTY. I now think the repeated tries has locked the PIN entry because the signing in message now reads SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. what should I do?

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Lizzygorte, our Social Media team can get you your PUK. Please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter.

View more options
Highlighted

I too am having the exact same problem. And not for the first time. I would like assistance from Vodafone (if they can be bother making the effort of course).

View more options
Highlighted

Thats rather harsh @Seph79  there is no need to accuse anyone of not bothering to make the effort and it's hardly fair or considerate especially when Vodafone staff are working from the safety of their own homes at the present time.  

You haven't really given the Social Media Team very much to go on but follow this link to put you in direct contact with the Team, don't forget the link to the thread:  Contact Us 

View more options
Highlighted

It isn't harsh at all. I've spent months previously trying to get a code and ended up giving up. And here I am again trying to get a code for a phone I own and have every right to request the code for and yet nothing. I have so far had a detailed conversation through chat facility with no success. I then called and spoke to someone who promised me they had correctly requested the code and the previous ones in the chat were incorrect. I called back today to ascertain where said code was to find out that, that person had one not requested as far as they could see but also hadn't left a single note. I then got sent the text to request code, which I filled out and got a reply nearly immediately and the code does not work (just like all the previous comments on this matter). And the other reason it isn't harsh in the slightest is that I repeatedly give customer service a chance to take ownership and sort it and are let down repeatedly.

View more options
Highlighted

Hello @Seph79 

I totally understand and appreciate the frustration you and others in similar situations are feeling when they have followed the required criteria to be able to allow their phones , the phones they own to be able to accept any Network's Sim card they wish to place within it.

My personal opinion is that phones should be already factory unlocked out of the box.

There's no reason to lock them.

I'm hoping this from Ofcom comes to fruition ASAP ofcom and ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

Until then the process of unlocking phones needs to be as seamless and as fast as possible.

Sadly this isn't always the case. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can get you some help by them communicating with the Vodafone Nuc Team on your behalf 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Response times maybe longer due to these unprecedented times but even so Vodafone are still a Network running it's business so have a duty of care to provide support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Who can I contact if I haven’t received my NUC code

View more options
Highlighted

Sorry not the best person to ask. Still trying to get one myself.

View more options
Highlighted

I've received an NUC code from Vodafone for my Xperia using the IMEI code generated by the phone but have tried to input it 3 times and each time it says it is incorrect. I've tried again to get an NUC code from vodafone in case it was wrong and received the same NUC code to retry. As I've only got 2 attempts left before my phone is locked does anyone have any ideas of how I get a correct code? Any advice would be very much appreciated! 

View more options
Highlighted

@Rluckman @Gillybean1505 Hi both, we'll be able to get both of your phones unlocked. Please follow the link as given above and we'll be able to resolve this for you. If you include your Community usernames and a link to your post in your message on Facebook or Twitter, you won't need to write your query out again as we'll be able to view it from here.

View more options