main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have the SIM network unlock unsuccessful keep appearing on Sony Xperia XZ I have requested the NUC code from Vodafone and had the correspondence email NUC and IMEI verification and read the code from a different screen as I typed the code into the old handset character by character 

View more options
Highlighted

Even though it doesn't tell you it has ran out of tries. Contact sony customer service and they'll give you code to check this. And if it is as I suspect you need to send it to sony. Costs about £35. Claim the money back from Vodafone. 

View more options
Highlighted

I have received my nuc code but it doesn't seem to work I have done everything in the video but it is not working on my Sony Xperia mobile 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Welcome to the club! It's been weeks now and I'm still waiting...

View more options
Highlighted

Yes I have done that with both the codes they sent me but none of them work

View more options
Highlighted

Read my previous post. Raise a written complaint and then get Vodafone to agree to cover costs then send the phone to sony.

View more options
Highlighted

14th of July I first received my incorrect code, since then it's been back and forth with Vodafone and still waiting for the correct code.  I've complained and I've got unlimited data for a month but that's it.  I just want my code!

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

Tried to unlock my old phone today but the code does not work.

I have checked and checked and checked the imei and tried the unlock code several times.

Please help,

Lee.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey all @gillymunch @allyd7 @sbevington, - I appreciate some of you may have dropped us a message on social media before, if you haven't or need any update please do so we can chase up your NUC codes for you.

Make sure you link this thread in your DM and include your community username, IMEI and make and model of the device, and your Vodafone mobile/account number 😊

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Or, indeed, don't bother because they won't respond.

View more options
Highlighted

I can see we raised this to our Unlocking team for you @Tgrubb - it can take 10 working days for you to receive confirmation of the phone being unlocked. If this time has passed, has this been sent to any spam or junk folders?

View more options
Highlighted

God, you lot are incompetent. Look at the history of my complaints before responding and you'll see just how long I have been waiting for this working code. After 20+ years with Vodafone I have reached the point where I am seriously thinking about changing my provider if you won't even get me a working code for an old phone that I have paid for. Maybe you could just offer me a deal on a sim that matches that from ID Mobile and we could all move on?

View more options
Highlighted

Finally received the correct code tonight it's taken so long and I've had to be so persistent but finally got there.  The original one was in the incorrect format thanks to the way it was stored in Excel, really should not have took this long to resolve and too many people are in the same boat, hope everyone gets sorted soon

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Tgrubb 

Have you spoken to our Social Media team about the code? If you send them a message on Twitter or Facebook, they will be able to look into the history of your complaint as requested and reach out the NUC team 🙂

View more options
Highlighted

I spoke to them ages ago and they didn't do anything either. Their arms obviously aren't long enough

View more options
Highlighted

If you have the patience to persist they will sort it for you, I used Facebook messenger to resolve my issue

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, I received my NUC to unlock sony xperia 1 II yesterday, I followed all the steps I been asked to but every time I entered the code it says unlock unsuccessful. can anyone help? Thanks

View more options
Highlighted

Hi waqasnasimi

Get in touch with Vodafone best way I found was using Facebook messenger.  Be persistent and keep asking them and you will get your code eventually.  I got a free unlimited data plan for a month for the inconvenience.

Alex

View more options
Highlighted

Well here we are one month later and still no unlock code from Samsung or one that works from yourselves.

Please advise

View more options
Highlighted

Hi

Get in touch with Vodafone on Facebook messenger and keep pestering them they will resolve

Alex

View more options