main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Markdawson78 It sounds like we'd need to get this raised to our NUC escalations team. If you'd like to pop our Social Media team a message here, we'll be able o do this for you 

View more options
kayg68
1: Seeker

I had a NUC number that didn't work - Vodafone had issued it and then said as it wasn't the NUC from the supplier it wasn't right - been waiting a few days does anyone know how to speed this up?

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@kayg68 

You could try the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries or ask Live Chat however if there chasing the manufacturer for the nuc this can delay the process. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Phantom Black.

View more options
tbeale
2: Seeker

I requested an unlock code after locking my old device to other networks and I was giving to my son. This was over 16 days ago. The initial auto email said it would take up to 10 days. Its near enough impossible to follow this up with Vodafone. No follow up communication as promised, and after 20 minutes of retyping questions at the ChatBot I managed to get a link to here... Pretty shocking service.

"Your request may take up to ten days to process but our NUC team will keep you in the loop every step of the way!" 

View more options
EBond2906

Hi

I've chatted with a vodafone advisor today and have requested my NUC code online twice completing the form - the same code had been provided each time but it is not working. We have tried turning off the device, removing the non vodafone sim, putting it back in and then inputting the code and it is just saying unsuccessful each time. I'm not sure what else to do - the phone is working fine so just seems to be impossible to use an old vodafone phone with a different providers sim! 

View more options
jgmhyb
4: Newbie

Because I purchased my VFD 730 from Carphone Warehouse, Vodafone cannot provide me with an unlock code, since my nearest CW is 140 miles away, and I don't drive, how am I supposed to get it unlocked, come on Vodafone, there must be a work around, surely.

View more options
MarkD

Requesting and using a Network Unlock Code should be a simple process. 

@EBond2906, please send us a message using Twitter or Facebook and our team will investigate. All of the contact details can be found here, when you send us a message please include the IMEI of the device that you're wanting to unlock, the make & model and the NUC already received.

@jgmhyb, we're always looking for ways to improve our service, if you purchased the handset from Carphone Warehouse, you would need you to contact them directly to get an NUC. 

View more options
sipritch

Hi -

I've received my unlock code for my Huawei P30 Pro.

I've swapped out my Vodafone SIM for an Id Mobile one and restarted the phone.

It asks me for the code, which I've entered, and it's telling it's an invalid code.

Having looked elsewhere, do I need a different code?

ANY AND ALL HELP APPRECIATED!!

NCK - NETWORK code used for removing the main network blockade in your Huawei P30 Pro
SPCK - Service provider code or subset Unlock PIN used for removing the blockade from a subset network ( like Tesco in the UK)
Simlock block unlock reset key - This last code is used to reset the code counter if somebody has entered wrong codes too many times in your Huawei P30 Pro.

View more options
Steph

Hey @sipritch Apologies for the delay in responding, I hope you're well and having a lovely day so far 😊

If the NUC you have been given is not working, or you have exceeded the amount of unlock tries and now need an MCK, please drop a message to our Social Media team here and they will get this escalated for you! 

View more options
Bugsy57

I urgently need my phone to accept a foreign SIM card but got it all wrong before realising that I had to get a Network Unlock Code from Vodafone. I've now got that but it isn't accepted as I've put too many incorrect codes in. How can I unblock it so I can put the correct code in?

View more options
Steph

If you've used too many attempts @Bugsy57 you will need to pop the Social Media team a message here so they can request a master unlock code for you. 

View more options
bytheriver

Hi, I have a Xiaomi redmi note 5g, and struggling to find out if it's unlocked so I can use it with a foreign SIM when travelling. I don't have another sim to test it with unfortunately, and I've requested a NUC but heard nothing. Do you know if this model is unlocked?

View more options
Steph

In order to test to see if the phone is unlocked @bytheriver you would need to try a none Vodafone SIM in the phone. You can use a friend or family members SIM if you don't have one yourself 🙂 

If you've waited more than 10 days for your NUC, please drop the Social Media team a message here so they can chase this up for you. 

View more options