Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking

Hsmgs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm becoming extremely frustrated with Vodafone now. We weren't sure how to unlock at first so we went in the store for help, they told us that I needed to get in contact with three. So we did to find out that it is Vodafone we need to get the code off. Since then we've tried numerous times to get the code offline to no avail. We've also been in store a few times to be told something different every time. Last time we were told to buy a sim and to use it for 30 days and then try again. Once again it didn't work. All the details we're giving are 100% correct but nothing seems to work. We've been trying for months now, this is disgraceful. Not sure where to go from here?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Hsmgs 

Just for clarity can I assume your phone is locked to the Vodafone UK Network and you wish to use it on the 3 network ?

Being told to use a sim card for 30 days if using a Vodafone Payg sim card is correct and one also needs to make calls and send texts etc within that 30 day period.

Then request the unlock from Vodafone and make sure the 3 sim card being used is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc.

If using a Vodafone Pay Monthly sim card then the sim card needs to have been used in the phone for 30 days making calls etc and x3 Bill's have been paid on time.

When these sets of criteria have been satisfied then there is no reason for Vodafone to deny unlocking. They send a Nuc.

For iPhones they ask Apple to unlock it centrally so in this case no Nuc is sent. Apple can take a further 30 ish days from Vodafone asking them to complete the unlock although its typically faster. It's a case of periodically inserting another network sim card and waiting for the unlock to complete. Sometimes hooking upto iTunes helps.

If you feel you've met the criteria then have a word with Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  and they'll check the status.

One other resort would be to use an online unlocking site or a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones which would mean a charge to you. Just other avenues which you may wish to consider or not.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.