Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking

LWilson
2: Seeker

I have an iPhone X

I have requested it to be unlocked, and have received the email to enter a non-vodafone sim and set up the phone.

I can do this, but for the moment I want to keep using my vodafone sim, so should I do it and once set up put my vodafone sim back in - will it all continue to work in the same way as it does now.

OR should I just wait until if and when I move to a different provider?  Or does the whole unlocking process time out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

No once you've used an alternative network sim card to complete the unlock process you can use any sim card including Vodafone and it won't  ever re lock to Vodafone.

So I'd suggest to unlock now as it can take Apple upto a further 30 days to complete the unlock after Vodafones email to you @LWilson 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

No once you've used an alternative network sim card to complete the unlock process you can use any sim card including Vodafone and it won't  ever re lock to Vodafone.

So I'd suggest to unlock now as it can take Apple upto a further 30 days to complete the unlock after Vodafones email to you @LWilson 

Current Phone  >

Brilliant thank you. That is what I was hoping but didn't want to try it without knowing first.

LWilson

One further question....

How will I know when the unlock is complete?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's usually done quiet quickly @LWilson. If you insert a different networks SIM, then do a system restore or connect to iTunes it will complete the unlocking process. Make sure to back your phone up first, if you're going for the system restore option 👍

Beasca

I have a iphone13 Mobile number [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

BandOfBrothers

@Beasca 

If that's your mobile number then please remove it as this is a public forum. ( flagged)

Your iPhone 13 should already be unlocked out of the box as per ofcom ruling.

Mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locked-handsets 

Try an alternative activated network sim card in it.

vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request. 

Current Phone  >