main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Vodafone saying phone is unlocked when it isn't.

SM_ 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I've been trying to get my NUC for a few days now. Today I got an email saying they can't provide a NUC because my phone is already unlocked but when I insert a non-Vodafone SIM card, it asks me for a code and tells me the phone is locked to a network. 

I talked with live support who eventually told me to go in store to get it sorted however I won't be able to do that for a few days but I need it unlocked ASAP as I've already waited over 30 days so I could get it unlocked.

The device is a Vodafone Smart X9

Has anyone else had a similar experienced and managed to solve their problem?

Thanks.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Hi @SM_

Ok, so the Vodafone Highstreet Store will not be able to help you with this so making a visit to them will be a waste of time.

I'm not sure why you'd be advised to go to one ?

Was the phone supplied directly to you via Vodafone?

Are you Payg or Pay Monthly ? 

If Payg and had the sim card in the phone for 30 days have you also made calls, sent texts and used data to help latch the imei of the phone to the Vodafone account  ?

In regards to the non Vodafone sim card.

When you do receive the Nuc make sure the alternative sim card is activated ?

i.e. connects to mobile data etc in order to complete keying in the nuc code.

Can you check that you are 100% using the exact imei number and details of your Vodafone account when filling out the online form ?

If all else fails I'd suggest to contact Customer service on 191 or Live Chat and they can escalate this for you and give you the Nuc Department email address so you can contact them directly.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
SM_ 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Thanks for the response.

- I bought the phone from Argos on December 26th.

- I've used the phone for 30 days and made a chargeable call, used some data and sent a text with it and then got an email saying that Vodafone were getting my unlock code ready after requesting a NUC, but then after two days they told me it was already unlocked.

- I'm on PAYG.

- The other SIM card is active (Three), I've been using it in another phone temporarily.

- The IMEI and Phone number I supplied was 100% correct.

I'll try to speak to Live Chat again later today.

View more options

@SM_ I'm sorry you've been experiencing issues getting your phone unlocked, I understand how unsatisfying this must be. Please let us know if our Live Chat team were able to get your query resolved for you. Should you need any further help with your NUC request, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options