Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why 10 days for nuc code???

stevegilmour
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've now had enough of Vodafone purely because of terrible customer services. I completely understand about people working from home but if Vodafone cannot give proper customer service then discounts / compensation should be made to customers that cannot get through to customer services.

Why when I'm trying to unlock my old phone when it had been completely paid for and yet I'm still having to wait for 10 days for a NUC code to unlock my old phone for my friend who is on O2 and I'm now seriously thinking of moving away from Vodafone after 12 years being a loyal customer, not missing one payment and yet I'm treated like this.....PATHETIC service! Phone should be automatically unlocked as it is now my property! I cannot stress how angry I am at terrible service. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Vodafone have Nuc for most makes and models on file I assume but some have to be sourced directly from the manufacturer @stevegilmour which can cause a delay sometimes. 

This has nothing to do with working from home and the COVID-19 pandemic. 

With some Samsung phones they also need to source a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

With iPhone's it's Apple that unlock the phones directly via their database after being asked by Vodafone. There is no Nuc. It can take from a few days to around 30 days.

Which phone are you wanting to unlock may I ask  ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply, it's a Huawei Mate 10 Pro I'm trying to get unlocked. I still stand by my complaint as to why phones are not automatically unlocked when the phone is out of contract. This is a very draconian practice and after looking at many forums that seems to be the sentiment of the majority of customers. 

Nice phone @stevegilmour 

Phones on any network have never auto unlocked and I'm not sure Vodafone would be able to auto unlock with current technology.

When a contract runs 24 months it auto changes onto a 30 day rolling contract so unless a person contacts Vodafone to upgrade or ask for the Nuc etc they'll just assume all is ok and the current contract continues. It never just ends.

Ofcom are looking at this > Odcom _ ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

Current Phone  >

You should not have sent that to me as it now enforces my argument and anger as to why Vodafone are still locking their phones.... Thanks for trying 😁

Sorry @stevegilmour 

Vodafone aren't alone in this practice however !

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >