cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why such a long wait for an unlock code?

Johar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a locked Vodafone phone at the end of September, bought a pay as you go SIM and requested the unlock code through Vodafone on 30th October. After waiting 12 working days I contacted customer service via online chat, and was advised a few more days. I have since contacted them on 8 other occasions, have been advised that it will be another 24-48 hours 8 times, have been told they have prioritised my request twice and that they have contacted "the team" on several occasions. All members of customers services have been lovely, but I still don't have an unlock code after 46 days......few more than the 10 they originally stated!!!!! Surely the law has to come into play at some point???

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Johar 

May I ask which model of phone that's locked to Vodafone @Johar 

This is my help in regards to an iPhone that needs unlocking.

"An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar."

May I assume you've had a reply text from Vodafone confirming your unlock form request has been accepted ?

Sometimes there can be a delay if Vodafone have to contact the manufacturer for the code but that's typically another 10 working days.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries may also be able to help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have had a confirmation email and all customer service staff have confirmed request is pending.

I am aware of issues with iPhone, but my phone is an actual Vodafone....you would think this would make the process quicker! 

It's a vdf 710

BandOfBrothers

@Johar wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have had a confirmation email and all customer service staff have confirmed request is pending.

I am aware of issues with iPhone, but my phone is an actual Vodafone....you would think this would make the process quicker! 

It's a vdf 710

You're very welcome @Johar  and ok.

As there is no account access via this forum anymore I would suggest to persevere with customer services  / Vodafone Social Media Teams as they do have this access to check the status of the unlock and look at your account notes.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Johar 

If this is an iphone you are waiting for the code to be sent, this previous link will help.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/NUC-Code/m-p/2648302#M69044

Thanks for the help but it's a Vodafone phone not an iPhone.

AnnS

Hi @Johar 

When you get the code type *#7525*01# this will prompt to enter the unlock code.  With Vodafone phones only having the one lock, they are the simplest to unlock.

Not sure of the problem with Vodafone supplying the code, being a Vodafone phone, the code should be immediately available.