main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Zero retries SIM Network Unlock Code

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am going round in circles to the point where my last request for help from Vodafone had the agent searching Google for an answer.....

So here is my situation, I have an old phone from my previous Vodafone contract, I wish to give this to my mum to use on her Tesco mobile SIM. I was asked for a SIM network unlock code, as expected when I put any other SIM into the phone. 

I completed the NUC request form in order to obtain this code however it didn't work and after checking the IMEI from the original box as well as the device with *#06# I had entered the correct device. I had been back and forth with Vodafone who said perhaps the NUC is wrong and to email their dedicated team who would go to Sony for another code - however I explained that I had zero retries left as the agent had me try multiple SIM providers in case there was something wrong with the SIM i was trying to use. The error message was SIM Network Unlock Code Unsuccessful.

I have today followed the same process for my current phone, everything worked fine and a new PAYGO SIM i picked up worked fine in my current device.  

Vodafone have said they do not really know what to do now if the device is locked however - when I put my Vodafone sim into my old phone - everything works....

One additional piece of information for this, is my phone was a replacement device from what my original phone was for the contact. Due to Vodafone being unable to repair my damaged phone, they done a handset replacement - however as the IMEI etc. has been checked many times, I would not have thought this would have made any difference.

Anyway, I need help - I now have a paperweight it seems and the agents I have been dealing with are at a loss and this has been going on since 7th of May.

Help

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

If a phone is hard locked as a result from all the attempts to unlock have been exhausted then you'd need to ask a Vodafone Highstreet  Store to send it away to have the counter reset or contact the manufacturer direct to ask if they can help.

This cant be performed by you I'm afraid.

If a phone is replaced say via insurance out of Vodafones systems then a person needs to update Vodafone of the new imei number however as Vodafone replaced it they should have updated their systems to reflect the swap. As they've issued a Nuc this I assume would have happened because if they hadn't then a Nuc wouldn't have been issued. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View solution in original position

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

If a phone is hard locked as a result from all the attempts to unlock have been exhausted then you'd need to ask a Vodafone Highstreet  Store to send it away to have the counter reset or contact the manufacturer direct to ask if they can help.

This cant be performed by you I'm afraid.

If a phone is replaced say via insurance out of Vodafones systems then a person needs to update Vodafone of the new imei number however as Vodafone replaced it they should have updated their systems to reflect the swap. As they've issued a Nuc this I assume would have happened because if they hadn't then a Nuc wouldn't have been issued. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View solution in original position

View more options