Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone Unlock

Ohus18
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I requested a code to unlock my phone. Got the confirmation email 21 days ago. 

But not heard any updates since.

should I wait till 30 days up before asking on here again?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ohus18 

It is always worth doing a search of the forum where you will be able to find some previous helpful threads with replies: 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/iPhone-XR-Unlock/td-p/2638669

As you can see there is no unlock code for the iphone, the device is unlocked on Apple systems, and it's just a matter of inserting an alternative network SIM or synchronising to itunes to complete the unlocking process.

As it has been 21 days, Apple should have completed the process, otherwise just keep trying until you receive the unlocked message on the screen.

Email off Vodafone  21 days ago confirming my request says they awaiting a code. What you mean no code needed?

BandOfBrothers

@Ohus18 

An iPhone isn't unlocked via a Nuc like other makes of.phone but is instead unlocked centrally via Apple after Vodafone contact them to ask for the unlock.

When Vodafone emails you this can be a little confusing as often the iPhone isn't unlocked at that stage.

Apple can sometimes take a further 30 ish days to complete the process.

Periodically insert an active alternative network sim card and sometimes hooking upto iTunes can help.

I appreciate not all will think of performing a forum search as they are usually wanting an answer.

I hope this helps you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.