Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone XR Unlock

jonw1982
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have purchased an Iphone XR second Hand, i put a pay as you go vodafone sim in my phone on 1st July 2019, and i have used it for well over 30 days, i submitted an unlock request form for my phone and i got an email back saying i havent used my sim in the phone for 30 days, this is incorrect there is an error on the vodafone system. I have tried emailing in for support and im getting nowhere

I cant even get a signal with vodafone where i live and i cant use my phone at all i need to unlock my phone so i can use my EE sim.

Please can someone from vodafone help me and manually unlock my phone for me

can you provide me with a direct email address or telephone number so i can actually get my phone unlock and get this resolved

Many Thanks Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

On inserting the sim card for 30 days did you also make calls, send texts and use data etc too which helps latch the iPhones imei to the Payg account @jonw1982  ?

If you haven't then you need to.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can supply the email address for the Nuc Department if you have made calls etc.

However Vodafone cannot manually unlock the iPhone. 

Only apple can do this at Vodafones request once they've accepted your unlock request. 

Other options could be to use a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones but obviously that would come at a cost to you.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

On inserting the sim card for 30 days did you also make calls, send texts and use data etc too which helps latch the iPhones imei to the Payg account @jonw1982  ?

If you haven't then you need to.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can supply the email address for the Nuc Department if you have made calls etc.

However Vodafone cannot manually unlock the iPhone. 

Only apple can do this at Vodafones request once they've accepted your unlock request. 

Other options could be to use a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones but obviously that would come at a cost to you.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Hi many thanks for the reply

i have constantly used the sim in my iphone at work for internet, calls, texts etc and i have used it since 1st July 2019

what cna i do as the vodafone system is misreporting the time i put my sim in my phone

many thanks Jon

Hi

yes i have used the sim in my phone for sendign texts and making calls and internet ever since 1st july 2019 which is well over 30 days but the vodafone system is mis reporting the time i have used the sim and i dont know what to do

many thanks Jon

BandOfBrothers

@jonw1982 wrote:

Hi

yes i have used the sim in my phone for sendign texts and making calls and internet ever since 1st july 2019 which is well over 30 days but the vodafone system is mis reporting the time i have used the sim and i dont know what to do

many thanks Jon

Speak to customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Twitter

only they have account access to help you and as I said they can give you the Nuc email address to contact them directly for assistance.

Current Phone  >

Many thanks Ill call them

Kind Regards

Jon