Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone sim unlock code doesn't work

Chuppa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've just received the unlock code for my old phone from vodafone. I want to unlock it from vodafone to give it to someone else with a different network SIM in it. Simple right?

So I follow the instructions: Put in the new non-vodafone SIM, turn on the phone, enter unlock code I received from vodafone in the SIM network unlock screen and it says.... 'Network Unlock Unsuccessful'

Only advice it provides is to post on this forum for help. So...

Help please!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chuppa 

What make and model of phone are you wanting to unlock ?

I ask as some Samsung phones need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc for example.

You also need to use an activated UK  alternative Network sim card and you need to be in the UK.

There is some assistance in the following link on how to use the Nuc.

unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandofBrothers,

Thanks for the advice.

It's a Sony Xperia X Compact.

I've put in a GiffGaff Pay Monthly activated SIM.

Followed those instructions you linked - but the phone just says the unlock was unsuccessful.

Seems like the code vodafone sent is wrong and now the only way to get in touch with vodafone is via a public forum!

(And they still haven't responded to this thread either...am also trying via Facebook Messenger... but no reply on that yet too...)

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chuppa If you've also reached out to our team on Facebook we'll be able to complete security with you there and help with unlocking your phone :Thumbs_Up: