main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

samsung note 9 sim network puk

2: Seeker

hi,

i have a contracted samsung note 9 with vodafone. i asked the NUC code and recived to use the handset with another network provider. when i try to insert the another network provider's sim and use the NUc code, next page "enter sim network PUK code" message appears. 

as i read all your messages related to this topic, i have realised that there must be another code which is set by vodafone to unlock this handset (like master unlock code).

I would be appreicated if you sort this out.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Yes you'll most likely need an unfreeze code aka the mastercode..

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat should be able to help with this and or give you their Nuc email address to contact them directly @Sibumi

I assume you using an activated alternative sim card i.e. connects to mobile data etc.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

I've tried several ways to get connect with them but no response yet. The hardest thing is to explain the differences between the Sim puk code vs sim Network puk code

😩

View more options
17: Community Champion

Others have had a little trouble in getting to the stage of unlocking their Samsung Galaxy phones. 

Did they supply the Nuc Email Address 

Perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread to help you as you appear to have exhausted the usual means of getting a resolution  

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hey @Sibumi, sorry if there's been any confusion around this.

Your phone will ask for a Network Unlock Code, you enter the NUC, and it will be unlocked for use on any network. Sometimes straight after this, you'll get asked for a SIM Network Unlock PIN, as far as I know, this should already be populated with a code that's starred out, you just hit the button that says Unlock to get past it.

Is this the part you’re stuck at?

Blair

View more options