main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

samsung s7 Sim Network pin blocked enter sim network puk

4: Newbie

I contacted Vodafone Unlock and filled in everything. I got the unlock code and checked twice that the IMEI matched followed the link for the correct way to install the unlock code that bit went fine then I was asked for the PIN now I knew I did not have one set! so I tried the default which was 0000, fail then I contacted my sim provider and explained everything and they gave me another code for the pin FAIL. up came the Sim Network pin blocked enter sim network puk. Now here is the thing I have a replacement sim coming but my sim is fine in my old phone so rather than take any risks I searched your community and found I am not the only one to have this problem. I gather that Vodafone themselves can cure this through a private chat.

View more options
32 REPLIES 32

Sorry if this comes up twice as I think I posted it in the wrong place earlier.

I contacted Vodafone Unlock and filled in everything. I got the unlock code and checked twice that the IMEI matched followed the link for the correct way to install the unlock code that bit went fine then I was asked for the PIN now I knew I did not have one set! so I tried the default which was 0000, fail then I contacted my sim provider and explained everything and they gave me another code for the pin FAIL. up came the Sim Network pin blocked enter sim network puk. Now here is the thing I have a replacement sim coming but my sim is fine in my old phone so rather than take any risks I searched your community and found I am not the only one to have this problem. I gather that Vodafone themselves can cure this through a private chat.

17: Community Champion

Looking at similar posts I think the request for a Puk which is for when a person accidently inputs their SIM pin  in too many times and blocks the SIM card is a Red Herring @F1fanLH44

Samsung's sometimes need a Mastercode along with the Nuc code. 

These two threads discuss this.

Unlocking/S8-Unlocking-My-experience.  and Unlocking-Galaxy-S6.

If this does not help then please phone 191 or use Live Chat and they can escalate the situation to the Nuc Unlocking Department and can also give you their direct email address. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@

Thank you for the reply I will follow your advice and see what happens II have read those threads and you are right it does seem to be something that is not fully taken in to account by the unlock team.

View more options

still not cured after being on chat for ages he said he gave me the master code but it didn't work

View more options

That's disappointing to hear @F1fanLH44. I'm sorry that you've still not been able to get your phone unlocked and understand how frustarting this must be. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so we can escalate this to our NUC team for further investigation. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I am having same trouble. I live chatted and they have me email address but I seem to get a genetic email saying they will send me an NUC code.  I emailed back to say I don' need that I need a master code / unfreeze code. I got the same generic email back. Do I wait to hear back from NUC resolutions of do I live chat again? Any help would be most appreciated. I have been trying to unlock phone since March

View more options
Highlighted

@Mags264 As it's a master unlock code you require, we'd be happy to escalate this request to our NUC Resolutions team for you. Please send us your details following the instructions I've set out in this private message.

View more options

I have done this and received an email back asking for my details etc and to reply to the message which I also did.  I then received what looks like to be a generic email thanking me for getting in touch and saying it looks like you need a network unlock code.  I dont know if I am being totally stupid or whether I am not expressing correctly what I want or indeed if this a generic message and someone is in fact looking into this for me.  I have to say its not a very easy way of doing things.

If someone could advise as to whether I should be patient and wait for a detailed response or whether Vodafone now class they have responded to me by sending the email about the unlocking code when in fact it is a master code I am needing.

Help ?

View more options

You will be asked to ring them next as the master code didn't work for me so I rang and 50mins on hold I hung up rang again and 59 mins I hung up I keep trying but am also getting to the point were I feel that I would have more chance of unlocking it by frying my brain with Monster energy and 240 volts and praying it also fries the unlock code.

View more options

@F1fanLH44 oh dear it doesn't look promising does it. I was hoping to have my Samsung 7 for my hols at the end of July 😣

View more options

@Mags264 If you've sent us an email and have had a confirmation email back, this is absolutely fine. We'll forward these details on to our NUC team who can look to get the requested PUK. Just look out in your junk/spam mail as our emails tend me filtered as this. 

View more options

Well after spending 20min on the phone with a person able to help yesterday, and trying a few things I was told that I would have to get back in touch with nucresolutions and give them the same details as before as some Samsung phones even when given the right unlock code have to be referred back to Samsung for additional unlock information.

Well not long after I had sent off the said email as instructed nucresolutions contacted us!

The lady again very nice like the first very helpful, tried several codes then stated it wasn't a problem for Vodafone it must be that I needed the PUK for my sim that it was my new sim causing the problem,

I must say I thought the same when I was trying my O2 sim and contacted O2 for the PUK code and it didn't work but with the delay from first trying I have changed to Giff Gaff it was so much better for my don't ring anyone attitude LOL. Well I did give it a try got my PUK for Giff Gaff and NO it is the same reply from the phone so I have contacted nucresolutions again and now I wait.

P.S good news Christmas is coming. 

View more options

@F1fanLH44 I'm sorry and shocked to hear you've been faced with this tedious re-routing with your issue! We'd love to help get things all unlocked for you. Please send us your details across following the instructions I've included in this private message, we'll contact the team to see what's happening here.

View more options

Thanks Josh:

I followed your message to the letter and I ended up sending a total of 3 emails to nucresolutions in one day I think I may actualy be on to a form of resolution now as they are now getting in touch with Samsung.

To cut a long story short the main part of their latest communication is: 

To get things sorted, we’ll reconfirm your unlock code with the manufacturer.

Things may be looking up. I am not holding my breath, I was actually saddened to read others who have started down this process who have given up or who have thrown a temper fit and taken their phones to a market place shop tpaid £20 and had them unlocked that way.

View more options

I got that message about confirming the unlocking code too. Still waiting to hear. Not sure I will get a response. I wish I could throw a temper fit and get someone to unlock it hut I have been told they won't be able to do it. I don't understand why I cannot be given the master code. I have been trying to unlock the phone since March when my husband upgraded and gave me the phone. Ah well think I may be upgrading my phone with Virginia and perhaps throwing the Samsung 7 in the bin. What really makes me smile is the fact the Vodafone are sending me emails to do a survey for the customer service they are giving me. I don't think I should complete it 😂

View more options

They gave me a master code I got it on an online chat but again it did nothing then they ended the chat so I couldn't save it because I tend to save the transcripts. I am beginning to see a pattern here and it is everyone being left with a brick. This unlock is normally an easy thing to do but with the S7 it's like getting teeth pulled.

Another user said he had the same problem but after 14 days the phone was unlocked by Vodafone remotely, I wish it was that simple. 14 days have been and gone.

View more options

If you've contacted us via the private message @Josh provided @F1fanLH44, we'll be in touch shortly to help with your Network Unlock Code (NUC). 

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting such a long time for your NUC @Mags264. If you get in touch via the private message I've sent, we'll be happy to help.

View more options

Hi @Mark, I have experienced the same frustrating process. I spent 2hrs with customer care then an hour with the customer relations team. It appears noone on Vodafone can talk to the NUC resolution team directly.  So customer relations team will contact NUC team by email. It appears the NUC team have not been reading the content of my emails as they keep responding with link to apply for NUC. Vodaphone does not save all my correspondence in one place so have to keep repeating my problems. I have pulled out a lot of hair, bitten down quote a few of my nails. Not sure what else I can take my frustration on. I am now shopping for new contract as I have lost faith in Vodafone. @Mark, I hope you will be the superman in all this.

View more options

I too have completed the forms twice now. It's not the NUC I need it's a master code. The phone is blocked by the SIM and reading other posts this i's because the NUC has been entered too many times. I have repeated this on every occasion I have sent communication. Is there indeed a mastercode or are the phones completely locked. If they are there is no point in continuing. I await every day an email but I don't get one. How many forms with the same number and same details do we have to send.

View more options