main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

samsung s8 sim network blocked

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have recently upgraded so I gave my s8 to my sister who.is on a different network. 

at first it requested a NUC which I got.

but now it is saying sim network pin locked. it is asking for a network PUK.but nobody seems to understand.

I asked Vodafone again. and asked for a  PUK. no joy it isn't right.

looking on here I need a MCK/defreeze/master control key code.

how can I get this? it is very frustrating. never had any issues with previous phones

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

Yes it's a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code you need. 

A Puk is if a person has activated their sim pin security feature and entered the 4 digit pin in wrongly too many times.

Customer service on 191 , Live Chat or Vodafone Social Media Teams can help via Vodafone Facebook  or Twitter

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @sophied1978 

You need an MSK code or Master Code, the quickest way to get the code is by using live chat, they will know exactly the code you need.  However, if you have any issues getting the code, the Team on the forum will be able to help.

When you get the code, you need to enter it first, you will get a message unlock failed, you then enter the NUC.  Try not to enter it too many times or the phone will hardlock.

There is further information on this link but it does not mention the MSK code:  How to use your unlock code?

View more options

thanks. I have been on live chat again and they dont understand and gave me the NUC number again.

View more options

I would then use the telephone option or use the social media options I mentioned @sophied1978 

Live Chat can be overseas based and as such due to language barriers things can be lost in translation especially if the issue is phone specific based.  i.e. not all phones need a mastercode so they'll just be going from what it says on Vodafones support pages. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

i have now contacted them through Facebook. hopefully they  can sort it.thanks

View more options

Ok.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options