Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

second hand phone - SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

sal488170
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi VF team. I purchased a broken handset from EBAY (screen smashed) and I repaired it, to replace my sons s7 edge that was broken too . The phone i purchased was locked to the VF network, which i was unaware of until I replaced the screen. . I got a NUC using the form from the VF website. I unlocked it. Since then I now have SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK., message. If I put my wifes vodafone SIM in it it is fine.

I think i need the master unfreeze code, or MUC?

I spoke to someone in the VF team via twitter who said the only way to get this fixed is to contact the previous owner and get them to request this via their account. 

I contacted the previous owner via EBAY messaging,. and they said they cant help me as the phone hasn't been used in 2 years and when they did use i,  they used it as a PAYG and didn't have an account?.

I'm kind of stuck. the phone works fine with my wifes VF sim in it. 

I'm looking for someone in the VF unlocking team that can help me generate a master unlock key so that my son can use the phone with his Three  SIM.

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @sal488170 

I don't see the reason for Samsung being unable to give you the MCK (Master Code Key), they wouldn't be able to help with unlocking the NUC is provided by the network as you have received and entered this is an entirely different code and it certainly won't do any harm asking and they should quickly be able to answer the question from an online chat.

You mentioned is your first post and a reply that the code provided by Vodafone worked, if the unlock worked, the phone would be permanently unlocked.

At least the Vodafone SIM works and Vodafone have some really cheap basic tariffs here: Basic SIM only deals 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @sal488170 

You certainly seem to be against a rock and a hard place with this unfortunately.

Samsung UK wouldn't be able to help with a MCK.

They won't be able to help with a network locked Samsung phone.

Only the network it's locked to can help you with this.

Samsung would direct you back to the network.

All the phone's they supply are unlocked out of the box.

I feel your going to need to perservere with Vodafone on this one.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@BandOfBrothers 

According to Samsung here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/mck/td-p/2341306/page/2 where I first checked Samsung can provide the code.  If they can't it does no harm for @sal488170 to ask.

Thank you.

BandOfBrothers

I agree it won't harm to ask @AnnS  :Smiling:

The forum you point to is fellow Samsung owners and not Samsung officially that are replying.

Here is a similar thread from the Samsung eu community forum with members advising to contact Vodafone for the MCK > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-series/mck-code. 

You're welcome  :Winking_smiley:

@sal488170 I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.