main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

sim pin blocked message

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have been trying for over a week to get my phone unlocked / unblocked , i requested a NUC code which i received but didnt work after 2 attemps i turned phone off and when it came back on message said SIM network PIN blocked . Enter SIM network PUK , I contacted Vodafone who said my phone was definately unlocked and needed a PUK which i was given this still didnt work , i then contacted Vodafone agian and was told that the person i was selling my phone to needed to get a PUK from EE which she did still didnt work ,  contacted Vodafone and was told to take phone into shop , waste of time couldnt help so im back to where i started againad getting very annoyed  please help

View more options
7 REPLIES 7

I have been having the same problem , i got a new phone which o put my SIM in , i want to sell my A5 to a friend and asked for a NUC which they sent but didnt work after trying 2 times i tuened phone off and it cam up wwith SIM network PIN Blocked Enter SIM network PUK , i contacted Vodafoone and they said my phone was definately unlocked and gave me a PUK CODE which didnt work either , after numorous contacts with Vodafone was then told my friend needed to get PUK from her provider which she did from EE , still didnt work but Vodafone say was still unblocked , told to go to the shop wate of time because they couldnt help so was told to contact Vodafone again it s a joke

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Allymay002

What model of phone are you wanting to unlock may I ask ?

A Puk has nothing to do with unlocking a phone to all networks and is instead only needed if a person has activated the sim pin feature in the phone to stop the sim being inserted into another phone and has inputted that too many times wrongly.

I have seen past threads from people saying they are told a Puk is needed which I believe is a red herring. 

I'm asking what model of phone your unlocking because some also need a master code also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Galaxy A5,  yes i know i got a NUC but came up unsuccessful twice , turned phone off and back on and came up with SIM network PIN blocked . Enter SIM ntwork PUK , GOT ONE FROM vODAFONE AND STILL DOESNT WORK

View more options

hI,  thanks for reply , do you get this from Vodafone

View more options

@Allymay002 - I’m sorry to hear you’re having this experience with getting the phone unlocked. We can help to get the next code to complete the request. I’ve sent you a private message. Please follow the steps from there, with how to send us your details.

View more options

Hi Gemma , thanks for reply but not received private message Liz

View more options
Administrator

@Allymay002 Apologies! I've sent this over now, please check your inbox 😊

View more options