Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unable to send mms

tomcrooks
4: Newbie

HI

Both my wife and I acquired new Motorola Moto G phones running on Android on monthly contracts. The internet works fine on the phones but we are unable to send picture messages. I had a quick look at the APN and it seems to be be set up correctly - do I have to add a new APN to send mms. If so where can I find the settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After speaking to a nice lady at 191 who sent me a text with the mms settings and a play around with them my wife and I can now send and receive mms's.

Thank you to all who replied.

Tom

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

For some reason, MMS is switched off on new contracts - and even some upgrades.   If you hang on, there'll be a mod along and they should be able to organise access to your account and set it up for you.  There isn't anything you can do at your end.

Be aware that MMS are not included in the text bundle and that each one has a cost.   It's generally better/cheaper to use email to send attachments as long as you have data on your contract/top-up.

hrym - thanks for the info - we have been on a pay monthly contract for a while - the only change is that we had to get new micro sims for the phones.

I will wait patiently for the mods.

Tom

hrym

There are changes going on with the MMS system and it's frankly a bit of a mess at the moment, but I wouldn't normally expect a SIM swap to do this.

@Ellis_VF  I know everyone's busy at the moment, but if the Tech team could take a look at this, it would be helpful.

Bump

Re problem of not being able to send picture messages I know notice that I have been charged £1.23 for this service which does not work. The messages just sit as pending on my phone- is it possible that the mods can look at this.

hrym

It's very odd that you've been charged if the messages are not sending.  £1.23 is more than one message, so it would be worth going into My Account and having a look at the detail.

@Ellis_VF  - please can someone pick this up?

tomcrooks
4: Newbie
Sorry I forgot to mention that I had tried several times and on the unbilled section of my account there are 4 or 5 charges- cannot remember the exact figure.

After speaking to a nice lady at 191 who sent me a text with the mms settings and a play around with them my wife and I can now send and receive mms's.

Thank you to all who replied.

Tom