main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

unlock Lg G4

2: Seeker

Can you please post the network unlock instructions for LG G4 please?

I have my NUC but am unable to find the LG G4 specific instructions via your website.

Thanks.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Usually it involves inserting an activated alternative network sim card i.e. connects to mobile data etc which then invokes a pop up box to input the nuc exactly into it.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @JamesTweedie23

The first thing to do is to make sure the alternative network SIM you are using is activated.  If this has not been done the code won't work.

There have been a number of suggestions as to how to unlock the phone on the internet, but try this one from the Vodafone site here: How to use unlock code?.  Although it will be for the G3, it should also work for the G4  Type in 2945#*855# , this should then bring up the unlock menu.  However, with the model number being different from the G3, you may need to use the model number for the G4 following from the 2945#*???#. If you go into your settings, about phone, you will be able to see the model number.

If you have any problems please come back to the forum.

View more options

These are the steps I am following:

1. Turn on the phone with existing vodafone Sim inserted.
  2. From the home screen press the Call button (or enter the dialing menu) and then enter the following text: 2945#*815# (an unlock menu will automatically appear)
  3. Select Service Provider Lock
  4. Enter your NUC and press Ok (the phone will be reset automatically)
  5. Switch off the phone insert the SIM card for your new network 

The problem is when I get to step 3 I get a message saying "Your phone is not personalised"

What should I do next?

View more options

Hi @JamesTweedie23

You are locking from the Vodafone network, try using the alternative activated network SIM in the phone when entering the NUC not the existing Vodafone SIM,  it should then work.

View more options
  1. Turn on the phone with Sim for new network inserted.
  2. From the home screen press the Call button (or enter the dialing menu) and then enter the following text: 2945#*815# (an unlock menu will automatically appear)
  3. Select Sim Card Unlock (or similar menu option)
  4. Enter your NUC and press Ok (the phone will be reset automatically)
  5. Switch off the phone insert the SIM card for your new network 

I believe these are the correct instructions. What a hopeless company Vodafone is to provide such poor instructions to their customers.

View more options