Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlock iphone 7

stesei1
2: Seeker

Hello everyone. I hope this is the right section to ask my question, if not, please send me the right link. I state: I am Italian, I bought an iphone7 from an English seller, but it is blocked by vodafone uk, I believe because the old owner did not pay the installments. I tried to contact the seller again but he didn't want to answer me. I can't use the phone because it is blocked by the vodafone operator uk. I come to the question: to have the nuc code ask me which client I am, but I am vodafone italia, so I have to make a sim vodafone uk? it is true that buying a sim vodafone uk and using the phone for 30 days, then I can make the request for the nuc code? is a prepaid sim ok? the code I request is free or do I have to pay? and are you sure that vodafone uk accepts my request and sends me the code code? once I have the code, just insert it and the phone works with my old sim vodafone italy, or do I have to do other procedures? thanks for your answer. stefano mengato,

2 REPLIES 2

stesei1

Hello everyone. I hope this is the right section to ask my question, if not, please send me the right link. I state: I am Italian, I bought an iphone7 from an English seller, but it is blocked by vodafone uk, I believe because the old owner did not pay the installments. I tried to contact the seller again but he didn't want to answer me. I can't use the phone because it is blocked by the vodafone operator uk. I come to the question: to have the nuc code ask me which client I am, but I am vodafone italia, so I have to make a sim vodafone uk? it is true that buying a sim vodafone uk and using the phone for 30 days, then I can make the request for the nuc code? is a prepaid sim ok? the code I request is free or do I have to pay? and are you sure that vodafone uk accepts my request and sends me the code code? once I have the code, just insert it and the phone works with my old sim vodafone italy, or do I have to do other procedures? thanks for your answer. stefano mengato,

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The best scenario is to ask the original owner to request its unlock. I appreciate you can't do this as you've tried this option.

However if the phone is imei blocked then Vodafone would only unlock it for the original owner. This type of lock is if a phone is reported lost or stolen but only rarely if a person does not pay their Bill's.

If its locked to Vodafone UK and needs unlocking to all networks then you would need to have used a Vodafone Payg sim card in the iPhone for 30 days making calls but you actually need to be in the UK to have used it on the Vodafone UK Network yourself for 30 days making calls and sending texts etc to latch the iPhones serial and imei to the Vodafone Payg Account to request the Nuc.

A Nuc from Vodafone UK is free but your not able to request one as your not in the UK I'm afraid.

The options would be....

Send it to someone you know in the UK and they unlock it and then send it back to you. Weighing up the shipping charges.

Try a Highstreet Store where you live that advertises they unlock iPhones or if you want try an online unlocking site but I personally wouldn't use one.

See if there are any selling rules on the site I assume you used to buy the iPhone from a person in the UK.

Sell the phone if its not imei blocked but only locked to Vodafone, and then use the funds to buy one your own sim card will work in @stesei1 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.