main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

unlock iphone

2: Seeker

Hello, trying to unlock an iphone 7 from Vodafone. Received an email from Vodafone saying to insert the new sim and follow on screen instructions and that should be that.

Inserted SIM and got the device is locked to another network message. Followed the instructions on apple site to do a full factory restore, still didn't work.

What can I do  now.

Can Vodafone catagorically confirm the iphone is unlocked?

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
17: Community Champion

Hi @boydm

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request as I see you have received.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage. 

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to another 30 days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thank you , I'll do as you suggest

View more options
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi , it's been more than a month now since I recieved the message from Vodaphone that the iphone was now unlocked.

I have tried regularly power on iphone with new SIM and continue to recieve the locked to another network..

Surely this isn't right, is it reasonable that this has taken longer than a month and still no progress.

Is there an escalation path available 

View more options

@boydm Following the unlock of an iPhone we typically advise to Re-Sync to iTunes before unlocking with a new SIM. Have you Re-Synced or Reset your iTunes since receiving the email? 

View more options

Hi and thanks for the response.

We have factory reset the iphone but this made no difference.

Is that the same as your suggested re-sync or reset?

View more options

If you have iTunes setup on a PC or a Mac, all you need to do is open iTunes, and plug in your phone using the USB cable. Itunes will then recognise the iPhone and will complete the unlock process. 

Blair

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the help here , apologies if this is a silly question , do I do that with original SIM or new SIm installed?

View more options

@boydm You're welcome 🙂 You'll need to do this with the new non-Vodafone SIM. If you need any further help, don't hesitate to pop back to us. 

View more options