main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

unlock question iphone se

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Vodafone unlocked my iphone se within 24 hours, shockingly fast!fone After the unlock I performed a factory reset

ready to pass the phone to a new user. I do not have another providers sim and I am looking for reassurance that the reset did not relock the phone to vodafone. 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

Once the phone has been unlocked to all networks by a Nuc or in the case of iPhones Apple do this on request by Vodafone UK a factory reset / reset via iTunes will not remove that @frasdona

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @frasdona

Vodafone won't have unlocked the phone that quick.  You have probably only received the request acknowledgement, the unlock is then completed by inserting an alternative SIM card or synchronising to iTunes and it's a case of keep trying. If you sell the phone on now it will still be locked.

However, once officially unlocked it won't relock when updated. 

View more options