Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

APN settings for V-SIM

Vtomanov
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Any ideas what should be the APN settings fir thirdparty camera to connect to vodafone using V-SIM ?

the V-SIM page states that I can connect non listed device but need to set the APN - but do not mention with what..,

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Not sure if this will help @Vtomanov 

Screenshot_20200327-163011_Drive.jpg

From Here. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The APN/USER/PASS setting seems to be correct and work fine with third party GPS tracjer for exmaple - but for some reason do not work with 4G camera ( my subscription is for camera £4 a month)

The camera seems to have a embeded 4G router and connects internally to it and the Vodafone system start to somplain and demm teh device non - compatible.

for exmaple is I do the folowing :

1. put the v-sim in another device ( gps tracker) 

2. release the sim from teh v-sim app on my mobile to attach to the tarcker

3. leave the tracker working for some time ( all is good there)

4. directly return teh sim to the 4G Camera 

all is working fine with teh camera for 1/2h and after that no matter what I do the V-SIM app complains that teh device is not compatible - realease non-reelese the sim doesn't make any difference

in brief it seems that the camera IS COMPATIBLE but after 1/2 Vodafone sustem start to reject it ...

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We do have an updated list of compatible devices here @Vtomanov - if your camera isn't included and changing your APN settings hasn't resolved this for you, I'd advise speaking with the manufacturer. As it's a third party device, we wouldn't be able to comment on any further steps you can try if changing the APN settings hasn't done the trick.