Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SOS Band

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, recently purchased an SOS band for my mother, recently widowed and had new knee replacement. 

We seem to be having trouble getting the battery level to display on the device, the instructions says have it vertical and tap twice on the screen but this does nothing. Anyone else have this issue. 

A suggestion for Vodafone, if possible can a battery level indicator be included within the app ? Would be helpful. 

One final thing, within the SOS band app if I try to access the FAQ I get a page not found message. 

DDB5030B-99A1-4BF2-AE81-37BFAA46C80E.png

3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @63johnw, thanks for getting in touch. I've been thinking about getting one of these for my mum, afters she's had a few falls whilst out walking the dog across the fields. 

You should be able to see the battery by double tapping the screen 🤔 Does it show whilst the band's on charge? I'll get the FAQ's page raised to the relevant team, to see if this is affecting multiple people. Have you tried getting in touch with our V by Vodafone team by any chance, to see if they can shed any light on this?

63johnw

Thanks @TJ  managed to figure out the double tap on the screen thing, although the instructions said hold the device vertical, I found that you need to have it horizontal, it then shows the battery. Yes it does display it whilst charging. No I haven't tried contacting that team, I nearly did but when I saw that link I just thought it was the normal live chat channel and if I am being honest I didn't think an over seas team would be much help !

on a side note my mam is finding it's giving her some reassurance that should it be needed help can be contacted at all times. 

TJ

That's great @63johnw, I'm glad that you managed to get it sorted. I always tell my mum to take her mobile with her, becuase it's 'mobile', but she still doesn't 🤦‍♀️ Maybe this would give us both a little peace of mind!