Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TRACKISAFE v multi tracker location way out

CarolLD
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought the tracker for my cat 2 days ago. It’s  working although I have had to reinstall the App a few times as it wasn’t updating. But the location is regularly way off. I was with my cat for 15mins in the garden and the tracker was showing he was 5 mins away in one direction and then 5 mins away in the opposite direction. Both locations are much further than he goes. If I didn’t know where he was I would have been really worried. It’s not fit for purpose if it can’t give me a decent location I mean that’s the whole point of a tracker? I know gps is only accurate to within a few meters but this is ridiculous. Can anyone advise what the problem is?

22 REPLIES 22

@josh

It looks fine. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CarolLD Has it been exposed to any extreme heat or water? 

Hi @josh

he got it wet on Monday. But it was fine on Tuesday. Just not yesterday or today.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CarolLD I know this sounds silly, but how wet did he get the device? Was it just partial due to rain etc. Or was the device fully submerged in water? 

@josh

i think it was dipped in a puddle!!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CarolLD I doubt that would've done any damage to be fair, the trackers are built to withstand instances like that. Please can you try putting the app and tracker through a full reset? 

Hi yes, can you tell me how?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CarolLD Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app via the app store. 

I've taken a look into some options for you beyond that, and found the user manual for the tracker itself.

In it, it details how to sync the GPS by:

1. Press and hold the on/off button for at least 3 seconds
  2. Put the tracker down and wait for at least 15 minutes. 

Was this processed before you activated the tracker? Can you please try this as well as re-syncing the GPS within your phone to see if this helps the positioning issue you're having? To re-sync the GPS in your phone, you'll need to google the specific make and model of your phone and "re-sync GPS" to locate the correct settings steps.

Let us know how you get on 😊

Hi @beth

Thanks for looking into it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the App many times, and performed the sync both when I got it last weekend and yesterday.

its still not working as it should and is causing me more worry when my cats got it on, and providing me with no peace of mind.

Hey @CarolLD 

Thanks for trying them steps and letting us know 🙂

It could be worth speaking to our dedicated V by Vodafone team who can take a look at the device, you can find out how to contact them here