Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trackisafe mini

DaveLeat
2: Seeker

I have a new Trackisafe mini and the advertising states "expert support" and "GPS location tracking - find anything in real time". So firstly there isn’t actually any support as the Support area of the web site simply links to a userguide. More importantly though, the device doesn’t actually track in anything like real time… its set to the most frequent I've update rate and after my wife left the house with the tracker attached to my 2-year old, my phone app at home told me she was still at home for 5 minutes, then updated to where she was (driving) and the location remained stationary for around 10 minutes, then caught up and so on. When she left the shops 3 miles away, the tracker told me she was still there until it tripped the geofence at home. Is this the designed performance as it doesn’t actually track for the intended purpose of tracking.

5 REPLIES 5

DaveLeat

I have a new Trackisafe mini and the advertising states "expert support" and "GPS location tracking - find anything in real time". So firstly there isn’t actually any support as the Support area of the web site simply links to a userguide. More importantly though, the device doesn’t actually track in anything like real time… its set to the most frequent update rate and after my wife left the house with the tracker attached to my 2-year old, my phone app at home told me she was still at home for 5 minutes, then updated to where she was (driving) and the location remained stationary for around 10 minutes, then caught up and so on. When she left the shops 3 miles away, the tracker told me she was still there until it tripped the geofence at home. Is this the designed performance as it doesn’t actually track for the intended purpose.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DaveLeat The Trackisafe does offer a real time tracking service, if you're travelling at speed in a car for example, there may be a slight delay in the location showing on the app due to this constantly changing. If you continue to have any problems with this, we'll be happy to offer support here, you can also reach us 24/7 through Facebook or Twitter.

Can you provide me with an email address or a telephone number as I don’t use FB or Twitter or the like.

I’m having problems updating my tracker on Trackisafe which I bought last week to keep track of my daughter, and it’s somewhat quite important to keep a track on her.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Simonjt If it's specifically the GPS location, please try to re-calibrate this by googling the make and model of your phone and "GPS re-calibration" so we can rule this out for you.

You can contact the team via 191 from a Vodafone phone for free or using the alternative free Customer Services number 08080 408 408. 

Here are some support tools for the tracker itself:

Someone did ring me yesterday, but I could hardly hear her. The few things she got me to do didn’t work, so she is arranging for someone to call me back on my home number in 2-3 days.

It also doesn’t help there being next to no instructions with the device, I downloaded instruction which aren’t particularly helpful, and it still isn’t clear whether it is on or off. The last time I

looked it was showing the tracker in the sea.