Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V-Auto app problems???

stevegilmour
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've now had V-Auto for 10 months and had nothing but problems after problems. I've spoken to customer services many times and they have me go through deleting the cache, the app, unplugging the device from the car etc etc etc. It works for a fews days with instant notifications, perfect parking location etc. Then suddenly I'm sitting watching TV then a notification comes through with "your car is on the move", I run to the window to look for someone stealing my car going into panic mode thinking will I go confront the thieves only armed with a frying pan, or call the police and hopefully the tracker is working so I can tell the police where my car is and they can arrest the thieves and recover my car. These thoughts are all before I get to the window and guess what, the car is still sitting there outside my house....

The concept of V-Auto is brilliant in theory if it works. What I cannot get my head around is that Vodafone is a global operation with some of the finest minds constantly working in Research and development but if they actually look at the comments on the Google Play store. I can see from ALL the comments I'm not the only one with problems with the device and accuracy of notifications. Come on Vodafone if you can't sort out a simple app then maybe communications and technology should not be your core business!!

Harsh I know, but Vodafone just can't get this to work consistently with accuracy which loses customer confidence! Let's see if this post gets to the right people as I've now lost confidence in Vodafone. 

3 REPLIES 3

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @stevegilmour, is the issue mainly the GPS location/notification delays as you've mentioned above?

I'd recommend re-calibrating your GPS location either via the app or on your phone in general as this may help. For more specific assistance with this, I'll need to refer to our customer services team as we have a dedicated V by Vodafone team. Please click here to see how to contact them. 

For more information on V by Vodafone products, please click here to view our FAQs

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks for the reply, I've tried speaking to the dedicated V team and all they have done is ask my to delete the cache, delete the app, remove the device for 10 mins then reinstall the app and then the device plus several times myself and the same thing happens after a few days and noone mentioned GPS calibration once during my contact with the V team. I'll try and muster up the patience and contact them again when I'm mentally ready for the same old story and routine that you have to go through.... 😭

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stevegilmour, I'm not sure if there is an option to re-calibrate the GPS location within the app as we're not trained on those specifics, however, I am aware that you can re-calibrate your GPS on your phone by googling the make and model as well as "GPS calibration". This may help with the issue you're having 🙂