Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V-Auto service is dead

mark2410
4: Newbie

Hello. We're sorry to let you know that on 30 November 2020 we'll be ending our V-Auto service.

Well a giant F you too vodafone.  no warning this was coming, having just reciently bought 2 of the devices what the hell am i supposed to do with them now?  they are uselss and good for nothing but the bin.  Thanks, thanks a lot.

Anyone out there know of any alternatives?

10 REPLIES 10

Webby21
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Looking for alternatives too, no explanation for the end of service or addition information anywhere! Just a text this morning out of the blue with 30 days notice.

It’s even still for sale at Halfords (£85), Amazon etc, so Vodafone have done a great job informing customers and sellers of the product.

i don't understand why they would end the V-Auto service, but are not ending service of their Curve or V-Pet tracker service.  Doubt I’ll be getting any money back for this expensive paper weight now.

yeah i spoke to thier customer service, they petty much said tough on the device price, we are refunding u the lasts month of service to you should be gratefull and 30 days is plenty of notice.

then they had the cheek to say i should buy the Curve as an alternative and the promised they wont be canceling it at 30days notice becasue they are "still selling it"  i pointed out the same to the v-auto and they said oh but that not us, you shouldnt pay any attention to our 3rd party sellers.

pretty much guaranteed i wont ever buy any V service products

oh and as a special bonus, there is no way to get your past trip data out of them so you can save it, which is great it you used it to track milage for HMRC

So grateful we’ve got that £6 back! (Bit of a joke) I’ve taken a screenshot of some of the trips, sounds like we haven’t been given many options, typical Vadafone.

Only alternative I’ve seem is something called iTrack on Halfords but not sure how much use it will be as it’s only got one negative review and cannot seem to find much online about it.

Will post here if I come across something.

Come across a product called CarLock: https://www.carlock.co/gps-car-tracker/questions/

https://www.carlock.co

Seems to have similar features for £6.90 a month.

yeah but its doesnt have the SOS feature, none i can find do which i really felt made it worthwhile.  the only solution i can find is buy a new car that has that built it, not exactly a very cost effective solution. 

I am so annoyed.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mark2410 and @Webby21 

I understand how frustrating and no ideal this must be - I will pass on your comments to the relevant team for feedback purposes, and for any updates on our V by Vodafone products please keep an eye on our website.

Also, please find the T&Cs for the V-Auto service here

why would I or anyone else trust your other v devices?  When you may kill them at 30 days notice without any warning?

oh and, so much for the being credited the £4 for the last months service, you have just billed me £4 and no credit at all.

Hi @mark2410. So we can take a look at your account to see if the necessary changes have been applied could you contact us by clicking here and we will be happy to take a look at this.

pajfisher
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm actually disgusted by this, it was flaky yes, but I loved V-Auto.

Oh and I've had no refund and they have just taken another £4 out of my account.. Poor service and I'll not be buying or entering into a contract with Vodafone again.

Paul.