Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V-Auto stopped sending notifications

Barrovian63
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

First time here, so, hi.

I bought a V-Auto at the end of April, and up until last friday it was working as expected. However, since 14 June, it has resolutely refused to send any notifications re; leaving and parked etc to my phone. If I check the app on my iphone (ios 12) while I know the car is moving  it does not show any real time updates, but it reports the car as be parked whereever it was when I checked, such as the M1 !! All notifcation settings and location services are enabled on my phone.  I've deleted and re-installed the app, removed and replaced the V-Auto in my vehicle, all to no avail. I've tried Live Chat, which wasn't very helpful, just 30 minutes of being advised to do what I'd already done and a promise that my case would be escalated to the 'second level', and that's it. So currently in limbo with a device that doesn't work and paying £4pm for the priviledge. Anyone here having similar troubles or can suggest anything else, before I give up, cancel my sub, vow never to go near a Vodafone product again and throw the V-Auto in the bin. 

12 REPLIES 12

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Of course we'd hate to see you go @Barrovian63. If you'd like us to take one last look into these issues for you, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK; or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Same issue here, kinda.

I can no longer find the car and havent had trip updates since the 24th and when i try to see the trips, all it does is say unable to refresh after a while.

but........ if i pull the vauto out of the odb2 port i get an instant notification that its been dissconected.

plug back in and it never ever can be found nor update trips.  What the F is wrong and how do i fix it?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @mark2410 If trips are being recorded, but you're not getting any notifications about these. Check your app settings to be sure you've not switched these off in error. If it's not recognising that any journey's have been made, pop us a message via Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you 👀