Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V-SOS Band - App offline

pjstafford
2: Seeker

I have today struggled to use the App - this merely showed a spinning disc without the usual status page.

Having un-installed and re-installed the App I cannot get beyond the Get Started page.

In the end I called 191 to find an ongoing update had taken the service offline and was told to try again tomorrow.  This raises some serious questions:

1. How can you take an 'emergency' service offline without notification ?
  2. Why did you not provide notice to your customers ? 
    (In my case I could have ensured someone was able to stay with my father today.)
  3. Why can the App not provide a status page as opposed to just sitting at the initial screen ?
  4. How many people do not realise that this service is offline ?  
    (If they do not access the App, they are completely unaware a fall or an alarm will not activate)

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @pjstafford  having just read your post I checked on my phone and have the same issue. You are right that at least the main account manager should be notified that the system is going down, I think it's disgraceful that we were not told, luckily I have been with my mother today, if a relative has a fall and are waiting for help that isn't coming, to me this is unacceptable. 

pjstafford

SOS Band and App all back online this morning.

I am unsure what this update was, but am now questioning the practicality of this as an alert device.

63johnw

My app wasn't working first thing but came back on a little while back. Extremely worrying to me that this can happen without any notification to account holders.