Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V-SOS Band alerts

SushiGirl
2: Seeker

I purchased a V-SOS Band just over a month ago for my elderley mother to wear. She's semi-independent and goes out shopping by herself, but has been known to fall and not be able to get up. She also has health conditions where she can feel breathless and might need help quickly.

We thought that the V-SOS band would be ideal. She could call for help in case of an emergency, and we'd know exactly where she was whether she was at home or out. And the fall detection sounded like an excellent feature so that if she was unable to press the button, we'd still know that she needed help.

However there's one problem which makes the entire product useless - the alerts. There's currently no way to make the app do anything other than pop a notification on the screen along with whatever notification sound is selected. What we need instead is the option to make the phone make a loud sound as if the phone was ringing. And this sound needs to be able to override silent mode and push the phone volume to the maximum.

If my phone is in my bag, or I'm in a meeting or something, I'm not going to see a notification unless I look at my phone. If I'm asleep, I certainly won't notice a notification. The app needs a loud alarm that sounds continually until one of the contacts responds to the emergency. Either that or the device is not fit for purpose and needs to be refunded.

15 REPLIES 15

Clancey
1: Seeker

Hi,

Hope someone can help. Recently purchased an SOS band for my dad who has just come out Of hospital. We seem to be getting the “band not in use”alert even when we know for a fact that he is wearing the band  and has moved. 

Obviously we need to know that the band is reliable so it quite concerning that is showing as not in use? 

Has anyone had this problem? Any advise appreciated! Faulty band? 

Thanks in advance!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Clancey, thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're facing with the V-SOS Band. I know it sounds silly, but are you certain the device is completely charged? If you take a look at this link, it shows the process in which you set up the band, it's worth making sure you haven't missed a step. 

Ianmac52

Hi.

The message I am replying to is over a year old and is a fundamental flaw in the system.

As a one time programmer I know this is a simple fix and should have been incorporated as part of the initial flow charting. If I am asleep I want to know if my mother has fallen or triggered an alert in such a way that my phone will wake me, to that end I should be able to pick from my current notifications as I have a couple of loud ones, and the notification should persist until I cancel it.

I have purchased this system as it appeared to be an ideal solution, however, as it stands it is not fit for purpose and you would be ripped to pieces in court for not implementing something so easy to do and so basic to its correct function.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ianmac52 Thanks for posting here - I appreciate the feedback you've given about the notifications from the SOS band and I've sent this over to the relevant department again to consider. If you have any further questions, please let us know here and we'll be happy to help.

fruitdr1960
1: Seeker

Has the sos notification been fixed yet?

No. I stopped my mother from using the V-SOS months ago because it never alerted me when she fell over (really hard!) and it didn't send an alert when she eventually managed to press the button.
However, it would send messages during the night when obviously my mother had not moved for a while whilst sleeping, and it would send messages when the battery was low and when it was put on charge.
Totally useless and I want my money back but Vodafone cleverly do not have any direct access for the public.