cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone taken money and wont refund me!

fedupmark
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for a V-camera on 20th Jan and then cancelled it later that day as I have opted for an alternative soloution. I had written confirmation from Vodafone that order was cancelled and I would not be sent item. This is all correct and item was not sent to me, although they still incorrectly charged me £339 for a cancelled order that they didnt even send! I spoke to an advisor last week and they confirmed refund should be with me by Friday 24th Jan. Now 29th Jan and no refund or response from them. Vodafone UK on Twitter says that it is currently with their Customer Relations team which is their 'highest level of complaints team' whatever that means. However, surley this is a simple error on their part to correct!

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @fedupmark 

Until the item was despatched the funds would be ringfenced as a pending transaction against your credit or debit card.  If the order was cancelled and the item not sent, the transaction should have been cancelled and the money returned to your available balance within a few days.

If Vodafone have taken the money and it has left your account, the quickest way to get this solved is by raising a dispute with your bank or credit card company and let them chase Vodafone for the money.

If it would help the Team here on the forum will be able to investigate what has happened.  Follow this link: Contact Us 

Hi,

Thanks for this, my thoughts exactly in that the money should not have been taken from my account and I am just getting more and more frustrated. Especially when they promised me I would have it back last week, but this didn't happen and I've had no contact since.

Thank you for link to contact the team on the forum, but i've tried the live chat and it says to ring the main number and I've tried Twitter and they said they can't help as it is with the highest complaint department.

I'm just frustrated I may need to contact my bank to sort out Vodafone's error - any other ideas?

Appreciate your help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@fedupmark If your case is with our Customer Relations team, we wouldn't be able to intervene with their investigations. They should be in touch with further information and discuss a resolution with you as soon as possible.

Please be assured that they'll get to the bottom of what may have caused this and make sure everything is sorted for you.

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for confirming, although that's what I keep getting told 'it's with our Customer Relations Team' and they 'should be in touch'. However they haven't been in touch and you still have my money. I appreciate Vodafone have quite a reputation for being terrible at sorting out problems or complaints and theoretically you can take 8 weeks if you feel like it, but my issue is incredibly simple in that you took £339 from my account and you should not have done so, this was even confirmed by your Twitter team. However, as you have stated, this ridiculous issue is with your Customer Relations team who basically are not very good at Customer Relations it would seem. Do you think they will resolve before 8 weeks? Nobody knows I guess. If I went into a bank and stole £339, I would get arrested pretty quick - however it would appear that it's fine for Vodafone to steal from me and not have any consequences. Funny how things work.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I completely understand your frustration @fedupmark and I've just been doing a little digging into your query. One of our advisers is getting back to you shortly with some information I've just found, speaking to our V by Vodafone team. I really hope it helps!