Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

charging a V-sos band

cpsmith
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just purchased a V-sos band. Does anyone know how long it should take to charge for the first time?  

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Looking at the faqs Here  about the band charge it until the battery indicator shows Green.

Amber is 50% and Red is low it is a solid Red and then changes to a blinking Red to show critical.

The band should last roughly a month on each charge.

So my advice is to charge it and take it off when the indicator is green @cpsmith 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @bandofbrothers - yeah, I saw that, however, I have just unpacked the box, and the band is not showing any info on the screen. It is completely black, so I assumed it needed fully charging before first use.

I have been charging it for about an hour, and the main body of the band is quite warm, so I suspect it is charging ok. However there is still no activity on the screen. There does not appear to be an on/off switch, so I assumed it would become active as soon as there was any charge, but so far there is no sign of life.

BandOfBrothers

Yes that's correct there isn't an On and Off switch or button @cpsmith 

Once the band is charged it'll boot up automatically.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

OK, I'll leave it to charge for a while longer.

Can I ask if this was resolved? I just purchased a sos band and its charging (I think, red battery is flashing) but its been charging for over an hour now

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

When plugged into your charger, a blinking red light means the band is charging. Double tap the lens of the band when in an upright position and you'll see the battery icon up as below. 
Green: Battery level is ok.
Amber: Battery is at 50%.