Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2nd dead Suresignal - replacement?

johnnykins
4: Newbie

Hi.  The originally bought a Suresignal v3 in August 2014.  The first one kind of blow-up in it's electric socket and was replaced by Vodafone.  Now the replacement they sent me is dead, no lights, no nothing except a high-pitched whistling sound when connected to an electric socket.  As it's now over the 2-year warranty will Vodafone either replace this free of charge or repair it for a fee?  The guy I spoke to at Vodafone said they would do neither and that I may (note the word "may") get a new Suresignal if I renew my contract.  I am quite prepared to renew the contact but I want to know for sure if I will get a new SS.  Wifi calling isn't an option.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@johnnykins

There isn't a requirement to upgrade a contract in order to receive a replacement Sure Signal v3 as this model has known issues on some of them. 

Id suggest not to plug that one back in and contact Customer Services again and advise them it's a known issue. There's a long running thread which I'll add in a minute. 

Here > Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead.

The Sure Signal has a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty but Vodafone are still replacing the v3 if it develops an issue out of manufacturing warranty. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks BandofBruvvers, I'll give them a call.  The content of the link was interesting, one wonders why Vodafone are continuing to sell defective goods.  Interesting that one of the options Vodafone suggested was that if I didn't want to buy a new SS then eBay was an alternative, although eBay certainly wouldn't be my preferred go-to option. 

BandOfBrothers

You're very Welcome @johnnykins

Sure Signals can be bought 2nd hand but they have to be fully unregistered by the original owner before the new owner can register it, and have been used at least every 12 months or it'll be permanently removed from the Network. They are suspended if not used within 3 months. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Please let us know how you get on @johnnykins, we'll be happy to help if you need us.

Hello Natasha, thanks for everyone's help.  Vodafone sent me a brand new v3 SS which I received at the weekend and this is now up and running perfectly.

Cheers.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@johnnykins - You’re welcome! I’m glad to hear you’ve now received your replacement and that it’s working ok. :Smiling:

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established

Hi Johnny

First,  please read details of page one of my thread here where Vodafone's at the time last year agreed a no quibble exchange policy in respect to any failed device.

There being told that you will not receive a replacement is false and leaves you a couple of options.

You should report both this failure and the previous to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct and inform them of an ongoing case at West Berkshire Trading Standards to ensure they are recorded.

You should then contact Vodafone again with details of the statement on page one and insist you are given a replacement with quibble nor obligations.

Should they still refuse,  write formally giving 14 days to resolve satisfactory otherwise start court process in order to recover your losses.

It may also be worth adding your details to my original thread as many are being given replacements units when details are added as it appears the thread is being monitored by Vodafone.

Any issues add a post to my thread or drop me a line. Here is the link:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-B...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)