cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G/LTE has to be off for Sure Signal to work?

AIRTyke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a v3 Sure Signal and a Galaxy S7, I have a solid red light and two solid white lights next to that.  They only way I can get the 4th light to activate is by switching off 4G/LTE on my S7 - I then get a 4th solid light when calling.

Is that how it works? 4G has to be off? So whenever I leave home I have to keep flipping network to receive 4G?

Thanks in advance for any help.

12 REPLIES 12

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
I am and I don't

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

You will now need to switch 4G off. Vodafone have enabled VoLTE so now your phone will stay on 4G to the bitter end. Luckily my experience is that although my S7 Edge still shows a weak signal (two bars) it seems reliable on 4G whereas on 2G it was very poor.

So I've unplugged my SS3 and put it into storage :Smiling:

jeffkinn

@AndrueC wrote:

You will now need to switch 4G off. Vodafone have enabled VoLTE so now your phone will stay on 4G to the bitter end.

They have? I haven't seen that and I'm sitting in the middle of London with a strong 4G signal. My Sure Signal at home is still pumping out a full 3G signal and I've never had to turn 4G off. Although my phone supports Wi Fi calling not all of the phones in my house do hence keeping the Sure Signal switched on.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png