Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account no longer shows Sure Signal

bernardw
4: Newbie

My Sure Signal 1 has stopped working for just over a week.  Fortunately I've been away a lot, so it hasn't impacted my work, but unfortunately my wife hasn't and so she hasn't had any Vodafone coverage for that time.  We live in an area where the coverage checker says we need to go outside to have any chance of making a call...

This moring I've tried to check the status of the SS1 and the registrations of our phones, but it no longer appears in my MyVodafone account.  Nor can I see anywhere to register the SS1 again, just in case it has become deregistered for some reason.  I have not changed anything on my account - same business user, same number, same everything.

Have there been any changes that may have removed the SS1 from my account?

If not, why am I not seeing it when I log in to MyVodafone?

Can someone check when the device last 'phoned home' to check that it's still working (all the proper lights are on...).

I suspect that it's there, trying to work, but confused, as I get very occasional instantaneous bursts of full signal, followed by the dreaded 'Searching...'

Network speed, ping and traceroute tests all show the same or very similar to when it has been working previously, so nothing appears to have changed there (and the lights are on anyway...)

What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bernardw,

We’ll need to look into this for you.

Get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andy

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bernardw,

We’ll need to look into this for you.

Get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andy

I've been away for a bit, but all's fixed now - whatever you guys have done in the background has worked.  I can see the Sure Signal on my account and it's now 'seeing' both my and my wife's iPhones.

Thanks all!

I'm also having this issue, how can i resolve it?

puffin88
2: Seeker

I have the same problem.   I tried to follow the "add new telephone number to sure signal" help video but I don't have sure signal against my account.

iscotter

I'm attempting to add a new number to my SureSignal, but can't find an option to manage the SureSignal in My Account.  Only option is to add a new SS.

Help please

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmdrlee45 and @iscotter

You can find more information on resolving many registration issues in our Sure Signal troubleshooting guide

Thank you Mark, but that pointer has not helped.

My issue is that the Suresignal does not show up in the account in "My Account", so I am unable to "manage SS users".

It has been registered for ages and is working fine.  But the only Suresignal actions available to me in "Mt Account" at the moment is Buy a new SS, or Register a SS.

Serial No is 21223493194

How do I add a new number to it please?

Thanks

I also have this problem. The user interface appears to have changed and 'My Account' no longer shows ANY Sure Signal options. I need to manage the users of my Sure Signal and this is not possible!

EDIT!

I have found the place to change users, the Sure signal settings are hidden away in 'Manage Services' to get there from the My Vodafone account summary, I clicked on 'My Bills' which brings up the bills page but it also now has a side menu on the left.... Click on 'Manage Services' from there and the Sure Signal option will appear in the left side menu. Make sure the primary number assigned to the 'owner' of the Sure Signal is displayed top right or you will not get admin authority - if the number is incorrect, you can change it from the account summary page by clicking on the appropriate number, then following the procedure above.

HTH

Given that My Account no longer had the option to manage my SS, only to register a new one, I decided I would risk registering the existing one AGAIN, and added all the numbers AGAIN.

Only two of the numbers have so far been tested, but success so far.