main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Are there any benefits from having SureSignal against WiFi Calling?

1: Seeker

Can seldom get 4G indoors here, and weak signal generally, but have been using WiFi Calling.  Any benefits from SureSignal?  Can't really see any obvious ones and it only seems to cover 3G.

Thanks!

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Sure Signal is a static device that stays in the home or in the office to provide a 3G connection in a particular place.

It also costs a person a one off £69 for the device.

Calling Over Wifi is more mobile.

"Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls anywhere you have Wi-Fi, even when there’s no mobile signal." , but a person has to have the right tariff and eligible handset for it to work.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1: Seeker

So contrary to what Vodafone told me, it wouldn't give me 4G.

Thanks - might as well forget it, given that I have WiFi here.

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Catlourob wrote:

So contrary to what Vodafone told me, it wouldn't give me 4G.

Thanks - might as well forget it, given that I have WiFi here.

No - a SureSignal is a 3G device only - but that doesn't matter you'll only be using it for calls and texts. Data will still be using your own broadband WiFi.

The advantage of a Sure Signal is that it supports multiple phones including those that aren't eligible for WiFi calling. Also WiFi calling doesn't support SMS messages whereas the Sure Signal does.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options