Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocked IP ranges

jamie_w
2: Seeker

Hi,

We're a UK ISP who were recently assigned new IP ranges by RIPE and have noticed that customers on our new IP ranges are unable to use their Sure signal devices. This is presumably because our new IP's are being firewalled by yourselves. We have verified this by routing the same devices over our previous ranges, which enables them to connect fine.

If possible can you forward this range onto the relevent department or provide me with the details for somebody at Vodafone we can contact regarding this. 

The affected range is 31.205.0.0/16

Thanks,

Jamie

120 REPLIES 120

benfitter
4: Newbie

Sorry to jump on this thread, but could a mod also check if the following UK range is allowed?

109.238.64.0 - 109.238.65.255

Please add the above if it is not allowed currently.

Bump, can someone please look at this?

Hey guys,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply. We're only a small team in huge demand at the moment and I thank you for your patience.

I've just requested for the IP addresses and ranges be confirmed.

As soon as I get a response I'll update the thread.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi,

Any news on this please? It's very frustrating not being able to use my Sure Signal! The matter should have been resolved by now.

Hi,

Can somebody please provide an update on this? I'm a Business customer with multiple connections spending a considerable monthly amount in a complete signal not-spot. Being unable to use Sure Signal properly is extremely inconvenient.

I simply cannot get the Sure Signal to connect when using the IPs in the range 109.238.64.0 - 109.238.65.255. All other potential problems have been eliminated so I really need to know if this range is blocked and, if it is, if it can be opened up ASAP.

There's far too little information available about Sure Signal. Great when it's working, but when it's not troubleshooting is like a game of pin the tail on the donkey.

Hi.

I'm still waiting for a reply concern these, and a few other ranges from the VSS support team.

I've requested an update and I will update the thread as soon as I have any further information.#

Trev

Hi Trev,

Our business is migrating to secure networks. 

Please can the following be added:

178.238.133.0 range

178.238.128.0 range

91.227.125.0 range

Many thanks,

DS

JMack986

We are currently suffering with the same issue. Please can you white list these IP ranges:-

78.32.92.0 range 

195.66.224.0 range 

Please can a moderator confirm that this is definitely an issue? I.e. Vodafone only allows specifically selected IP ranges to access the Sure Signal service?

Also, please can we have an ETA on when the suggested IP ranges will be added?

There should be an official procedure for this. When I called up, unable to get Sure Signal to work, the possibility of my IP not being able to access the service wasn't even mentioned.

Thanks.