Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocked IP ranges

jamie_w
2: Seeker

Hi,

We're a UK ISP who were recently assigned new IP ranges by RIPE and have noticed that customers on our new IP ranges are unable to use their Sure signal devices. This is presumably because our new IP's are being firewalled by yourselves. We have verified this by routing the same devices over our previous ranges, which enables them to connect fine.

If possible can you forward this range onto the relevent department or provide me with the details for somebody at Vodafone we can contact regarding this. 

The affected range is 31.205.0.0/16

Thanks,

Jamie

120 REPLIES 120

This is getting ridiculous; please can somebody take ownership of this issue and push it through to resolution?

jamieturner

Hi there

Having real trouble getting a Sure Signal to work with one of our users. I've tried all the troubleshooting: the router's fine (the SS works with the router at another location) as is the SS - it seems site specific. It's been reset and the routes all look OK.

I know of other people with the ISP (Adsl24) having problems with IPs being blocked with Vodafone - would you mind checking 109.224.152.0/24 please? Thanks!

Can you please also Whitelist the following IP range 82.69.88.xxx. (Zen Internet), as my VSS is also being blocked.

Thanks
Jools

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your continued posts. I appreciate how frustrating this is for you all.

I'm still working on improving the response times on these requests and have been in conversation with the project leader for VSS today to make these changes.

@ jamieturner - I've requested the IP be checked for you.

@ JoolsS3 - Have you tried the suggestion by Apple_Fanboy in your own thread ?

Cheers,

Lee

Hi there, just popping in to raise my head for any progress on my three IP ranges (I have had a short break in London)

My VSS works fine on my TEST BT LINE.but not on my three customer static IP ip ranges.

I realise you ppl at Voda will be under a lot of pressure but we small ISPs are also getting customer pressure (but you know that).

So there is no point us getting tooo irate, but a gentle prod to remind you of our presence may help....

A nice Christmas present would be this being sorted out ;-))

Cheers....

Lee,

thanks for your reply, have just responded to Apple_Fanboy's post. If you could look into this that would be great (I've not been able to use the VSS since I received it 4 days ago).

thanks
Jools

Thanks - appreciate it.

Hi billroth,

We are currently still waiting for confirmation from our support teams regarding the IP rages that we have flagged to them.

Unfortunately I can only apologise fro the delay in getting this looked at however we are currently trying to get our support to pick these up as soon as possible.

James

Hi James, (my middle name ;-))

Thanks, and I think I read elsewhere that someone was putting a formal process in place to sort out issues like this.

Cheers, Bill

Hi James,

Would you check my IP address range against your white list please, my VSS has been down since August. It worked fine until then - I've verified the VSS itself and been through the port forward route but no joy. Range is 78.86.47.x

Thanks.