main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Broken Sure Signal replacement

3: Seeker

Just had a call from Matthew at Vodafone who sorted this out for me with no quibbles.  A new Sure Signal box is on it's way to me. Very grateful to everyone for their support and help with this.  

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi mine is dead no lights, smells burnt. After 2 phone calls im getting nowhere. They just want me to buy one!

View more options
12: Established

Have you reported this to Trading Standards as Vodafone have an agreement with them for no quibble replacements!!

If not please call them today..

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

View more options

@User2109 I'm glad to hear Matthew was able to get a new Sure Signal sent out to you 😊 If you need any help in the future, please let us know. 
@R32JO This isn't good to hear. Our team will be happy to look into this for you - 
I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Thanks for the replys, they have now said take it to my local store with a copy of the email from the ceo and they will replace it. Bearing in mind i live 1  hour away from the store! 

View more options
12: Established

There is a copy of thd email on their own public forum so don't see why you have to present a copy.

It should also be common knowledge within front end staff as the CEO assured Trading Standards that it was to be announced throughout the company.

Obviously this promise never happened. If you get to store and are refused,  refer them to my original thread,  especially page one.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

View more options

@R32JO - If you’ve contacted my team via the link @Colleen sent to you in the private message, please let us know the email reference from the auto reply (it looks like #123456).

I’ve searched for it via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

View more options

Hi i havent had an email yet, i will look again in the morning. Thanks for your replys.

View more options
Administrator

@R32JO How are you getting on? 🙂

If you need us to chase anything up, be sure to let us know and we'll be happy to help! 

View more options

Hi thanks for all your advice, went to store  and they replaced it straight away. Thanks 

View more options

@R32JO That's great to hear 
If you ever need any further assistance in the future, please let us know.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi I've had this issue. the sure signal unit has always run very hot and been of concern. I have turned it off many times to let it cool down as it felt like it was going to melt or catch fire.

The unit has now died completely and i've unplugged it. It's out of warranty now but after reading this I phoned Vodafone customer services and I was told after they contacted the 'sure signal team'

"don't plug it back in, it is only supposed to last 2 years. I had been very lucky that mine had lasted longer and I should buy a new one as they only normally last 2 years" ??!! 

I mentioned the issues stated on here so I questioned this and was just told that's all they can do I just need to buy a new one and pretty much told I should be gratefull that my unit had lasted this long!

When I purchased the item I was not told it should only last two years otherwise I wouldn't have used it!

They said my unit was not one of the faulty 2016 batch so I couldn't have a replacement and that it is a Virgin unit? I've checked it out and it is a Version 3 Suresignal so I don't understand.

This all sounds very much like a cover up and avoidance of a much bigger and dangerous issue.

View more options
Administrator

@montyjames I can appreciate your concern with regards to our Sure Signal, I can assure you it's not the case that they should last longer than a two year period. 

If it's stopped working completely, we'd be happy to sort out a replacement for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we're able to organise this. 

View more options

Thank you for your response @Alex I have completed the form in the link from your PM. I look forward to hearing from you.

View more options

@montyjames Thanks for letting us know 😊 We'll be in touch to get this resolved for you, as quickly as possible.

View more options

Just an update on this, I've not heard anything more from Vodafone on this matter. I have been unable to make or receive calls on either of my mobile lines from my home address for nearly 2 weeks now and nothing has changed. I would definitely not recommend this service to anyone. I am a business customer and you would think it should be a priority but it is most definitely not. This is not the first time issues have been ignored. I will find the best place to post about the various issues!

View more options
Administrator

@montyjames I can see our team attempted to contact you on 25 February. Please also check your junk/spam folders if you haven't seen this email. 

If you still can't find it after checking, let us know 🙂

View more options

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your follow up but I have filled out the information requested via the link I was sent. This was completed on the 26th Feb, and went to Nirav in Vodafone HQ. I then received an email from a Claire at One Net customer services on the 1st March to contact 191 with the detials in the form that I filled out for them to sort the exchange. I have now been told by 191 that they cannot physically help me with this as it's not something they can do and I have been given the wrong information and that it is for the forum team to organise this.

I am a business customer and have been unable to make or receive calls for nearly 3 weeks from my home or office. This service has been ridiculous. 

Please can you let me know what needs to happen next.

View more options
Administrator

@montyjames I do apologise for the experience you've had, it shouldn't have been that way. 

Please respond to the last email you received from us in the Social Media team and we'll be happy to pick up your query from there. Rest assured, we'll get this resolved for you. 

View more options

Yet another hoop to jump through. Are you hoping I'll just forget about it? There surely can't be any other explanation for this fiasco! If it wasn't so insanely frustrating it's actually quite a joke! I received another email from the One Net team yesterday, kindly informing me of the phone number to use from a landline to contact 191, an hour after I had spoken to them! and to quote... Vodafone has helped me "find out what we can do to help your business reach its full potential" 

Thank you @alex I have sent another email to the social media team - Yudhveer - Customer Service Agent (Social Media) I can only presume this is correct? I have done everything else asked and still nothing... the saga continues!!!

I really don't know what esle I can do. I think this could form the structure of a story... a really bad, frustrating, irritating, timewasting and very costly story with a pointless ending!

My issues with Vodafone started with being miss sold a deal over the phone that took more than a month to sort and was eventually rectified by having to listen to phone recordings with the original salesperson before I was compensated told I was correct.

I have been without a signal for over a month while 'technical' issues were sorted for sure signal customers, I also recently spent nearly 2 months with my handset number being witheld when I made calls to landlines and told 'it's a known issue but we don't know when it will be fixed' I was never told and a number of customers refused to answer the calls. I've had issues with voicemails, where it has taken over a week to be sent notification and on some occasions, never being sent a notification. No compensation or apology for any of these issues when I have enquired what the problem is.

And the dedicated member of the one net team claim is also a joke, in 4 years I have never spoken to 'my dedicated prime contact' as they are alway, alway 'unable to take my call' !! 

There are more issues but I'm boring myself now with this ridiculous situation.

These messages have all now been collated and sent to watchdogatbbc.co.uk
Can you please also let me know which Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Scheme Vodafone are a member of so I can pursue this via Ofcom. Cisas and Ombudsman Services: Communications

Thank you.

View more options